1995 Tahoe 4wd Engine mods, fuel and power effeciency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CavTahow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Tahoe LT 4wd

Has a 350 5.7 engine, 3inch Body Lift, 33in Maxis Buckshot
Im thinking about installing a K&N Cold Air Intake from JC Whitney, a throttle body spacer, and MAYBE some headers (Dont know what brand)

Anyways, Is there anything I can do to improve fuel mileage and engine power??
Brands? Thanks guys!!

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
shop on ebay for the CAI, actually get a Volant instead of the k&n system. way better. just sold one for a tbi, month to late

theres tons of information on this site, you just need to search it.

elec fans, exhaust, a solid tuneup, too much to list..

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
thats right Retorq, flipping the TBI hat over, taking the black thing out of the fender, all those are free, you just have to get out and do it yourself

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking about shaving off those air foil things on the top, raising the injector pod and shaving the throttle blade screws but yours work too. :D

OP
OP
C

CavTahow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Engine already has manual Dual Electric Fans, the Air intake isnt connected to the fender, Its simply the round drum cover that is flipped upside down to expose the air filter. lol

So that's already out of the way. QUESTION-Should I always RUN the electric Fans??
Or only when Im sitting in a drive through at Mickey D's???

Also Will a good brand of headers add to fuel milieage??
I heard something about Gear ratios. Mine has the stock 3.73 up front and rear. What can I do to the gear ratio?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
manual dual fans??? you should get a thermostat for those instead of worrying about everything. Dont keep them on 100%...

gears are fine where there at..

if the intake isnt connected to the fender, then your sucking in hot air constantly. I have no idea what your talking about with the round "drum cover"....
****** pic, but you get the idea

headers and a free flowing exhaust will only help if you have a decent ait system as well. Brand on the header wont matter for MPG gains, but if you do longtubes or shorties that will matter...

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having your fans run all the time will actually hurt MPG ... they will cause turbulence at higher speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3