1992 yukon stalling intermediatly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little background,back in Jan.truck starts missing so new cap and rotor solved that. About a month later fuel pump craps out. Put a new one in along with filter truck ran fine. Last month truck starts missing so I finish tune up with wires and plugs and truck runs great. This month the truck starts stalling when either idling or at lowish rpms. Replaced the fuel solenod no change. Truck starts up again maybe a little rough but clears right up and drives fine. Only thing I can think of is control module in distributor. Any thoughts would be gladly appreciated. Thanks scott

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couple other easy cheap things you can chop off your list sometime. keep an eye on the tbi unit if the seals or filter screen on the injectors go bad it can also cause you some problems. rebuild kit is fairly cheap. also i can remember what sensor it is or what its called but its right ontop of the intake. if it goes bad it can start running poorly before the engine warms up. it sounds amazing tho almost like a heavy lope cam. if you decide to do anything with the injectors at some point make sure you get the right ones. redid a tbi unit a while ago for some guy he had replaced the injectors but they gave him the wrong ones. they fit but they dont seal correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf