1992 Yukon..Need a/c help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlie92yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all, im charlie, new here and seeking some a/c help.
i ham having a mystery issue regarding the installation of a new compressor.
the original one finally failed, ive so far installed a new compressor, condenser accumulator and lines. once the recharge is started, with only one pound of 134, after a few cycles and about45 seconds the freon lets loose through the blowoff valve in the back of the compressor and the clutch seizes. im on my 3rd compressor. no blockages have been found as of yet. im kinda flustered, can anyone provide any clues?
thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@UmmScott I tagged this guy for ya, but are you using the exact same make/model compressor as the old one that was removed? it has to have the same ports

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Like @Doubeleive said, is the compressor an exact match? Did you replace the orifice with the lines? I assume so but I don't like to assume. Pics of old and new compressor? I assume again that you got this compressor: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=83161&cc=1166374&jsn=2222

You did not offer a year and make and model so I looked up for the 92yukon in your screen name.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
C

charlie92yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THE VEHICLE IS A 1992 2 DOOR GMC YUKON. I DID NOT USE AN AC DELCO COMPRESSOR. IVE ALSO NOTICED THAT THE ORIGINAL CONDENSER IS ALMOST 2 INCHES THICK AND THE REPLACEMENT IS JUST UNDER 1 INCH.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First: No need to capitalize all letters/yell during a post.

Second: The thinner condensor is because of R134A and how condensors are made for that. They are a way more efficient design. Aftermarket NEW compressors are suspect as well as reman compressors. It's your money and can spend it the way you want. Also, you did not answer back about the "exact match compressor" that @Doubeleive asked about.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THE VEHICLE IS A 1992 2 DOOR GMC YUKON. I DID NOT USE AN AC DELCO COMPRESSOR. IVE ALSO NOTICED THAT THE ORIGINAL CONDENSER IS ALMOST 2 INCHES THICK AND THE REPLACEMENT IS JUST UNDER 1 INCH.
I was just wondering if you used the same type of design compressor, brand doesn't really matter but there are several design differences so they should match up the same

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First: No need to capitalize all letters/yell during a post.

Second: The thinner condensor is because of R134A and how condensors are made for that. They are a way more efficient design. Aftermarket NEW compressors are suspect as well as reman compressors. It's your money and can spend it the way you want. Also, you did not answer back about the "exact match compressor" that @Doubeleive asked about.

bet he did not vacuum out the old Freon and vacuum the lines out before putting the new Freon and oil at lest there is no mention of that

M123

Viking
Reaction score
:D :D :D

Seriously so did I have in mind that if the oil separate and clogging it or get cold and
tough like cold butter. You never know now this days what you get and if you have a cheap mix you filling with or buy no name oil on ebay and topping it with you can make a mess in the end.
And the grammar in my first post wasn't pretty, I can better. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094