1992 Yukon GT 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kev-o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow cool truck!! I don't have exact numbers but Yukon GTs are limited production anyway but then to throw in a 5 speed into the mix is gonna be pretty rare for sure! Back in the day my dad ordered a 92 sierra extended cab brand new but wouldn't get it unless he got a two tone paint job, SLE package and a 350 with the 5 speed. dealership had to search all over the country for one and finally located one in Oklahoma. So there is definitely some rarity going on there. I would definitely like to hear some production numbers. :)
wow cool truck!! I don't have exact numbers but Yukon GTs are limited production anyway but then to throw in a 5 speed into the mix is gonna be pretty rare for sure! Back in the day my dad ordered a 92 sierra extended cab brand new but wouldn't get it unless he got a two tone paint job, SLE package and a 350 with the 5 speed. dealership had to search all over the country for one and finally located one in Oklahoma. So there is definitely some rarity going on there. I would definitely like to hear some production numbers. :)

OP
OP
K

Kev-o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the screwed up commenting guys....not real a hi-tech guy but here are the production numbers I got from when I had it appraised.

20181026_212533.jpg

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not realize the 5 spds were that rare. I see about 2 a year here on Clist.

I don't usually like the black hoods like that, but yours has the body lines, and tint to look good with the windows. Either way, both hoods look good.

OP
OP
K

Kev-o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unreal.....just last week my buddy was on a buy/sell website and that middle pic was up in the corner for some sort of advertising. I walked in and thought it was my truck at first. Very cool.

OP
OP
K

Kev-o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The donor Yukon I bought had a rear roof spoiler and no wiper or defrost on the rear window...I put the rear hatch window on mine and I also had holes in my roof for the spoiler so I did a little searching but found nothing on them but this pic of another similar truck but with the rear roof spoiler.

63125813cfcfec2b0711deb8e05eb8e0x.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kev-o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed it on my truck since the holes where there....just for a cpl days to see if I warm up to it.. I think wheelbase is too short and truck too tall for a roof spoiler. Looks cleaner without in IMO.

20181029_124346.jpg 20181029_124352.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It's a gorgeous truck. Much better without imo. Do you know what the rpo is for it? Do you have the rpo?

OP
OP
K

Kev-o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tonyrodz. Can't see anything directly associated with a rear spoiler...wondering if it isn't tied into on of the pkgs? interesting thing is the donor truck (1994) had actual body color painted riv-nut mounting holes and mine had what appeared to be a rubber incased plugs with a threaded sleeve bonded to it.....Maybe a dealer installed thing or aftermarket. I will be removing the spoiler and when it comes time to give it a complete paint job I will weld the holes up.

20181030_192752.jpg 20181030_192719.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan