'18 Yukon Denali not setting level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feastersss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '18 Denali I've noticed the right front sets about 3/8" to 3/4" lower than the left front, I've not noticed the shock leaking and doesnt seem to affect the ride, I purchased this November 29 of 19, first one I've owned!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually, the left (driver) side is what's lower- it's known as the "Chevy Lean" and has been a characteristic for decades. Interesting that yours sits lower on the other side. Shocks, at least not what these come with, don't control ride height. I don't mean this to be condescending, but are you noticing this when parked on a level surface?

OP
OP
F

feastersss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Usually, the left (driver) side is what's lower- it's known as the "Chevy Lean" and has been a characteristic for decades. Interesting that yours sits lower on the other side. Shocks, at least not what these come with, don't control ride height. I don't mean this to be condescending, but are you noticing this when parked on a level surface?
Yes, it very noticable setting on level grade whether it's running or parked, no matter where I measure, it's pretty close to that difference in height!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it, but now I'm wondering if GM started making the driver side HIGHER to compensate for the driver and fuel tank so it sits more level when loaded.

OP
OP
F

feastersss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wondered that as well, this yukon is the 1st one I've owned, so it's hard for me to really compare it, I do have a '17 crew cab Silverado Z71 and it sets level...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like you are probably going to have to get under it with a flashlight and see what you can find different on one side versus the other. A good alignment shop shop should be able to spot anything worn or bent that may be your other option. do you know if it sits at the factory ride height? has it been lifted or lowered?

OP
OP
F

feastersss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its setting at stock ride height, it's got 18K miles, haven't looked into any warranty yet!

gonatee

Reaction score
I've noticed when shopping used yukons some have a lean one way or the other, some st levelish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys