'17 Z71 Suburban Cold Air Intake on 5.3...do I have to Program also?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theron Vincent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a '17 Z71 Suburban...5.3L 6speed trans...I am going to install a Bulldog Cold Air intake and throttlebody spacer...my question is do I need to program also? I have read in some of the post that guys have had issues...

thanks ahead of time for any advise you guys may have...I'm all ears...

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you need to? No.
Should you? Yes, in order to benefit fully from the intake.

OP
OP
T

Theron Vincent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thankyou sir...i am piecing it together one piece at a time...I am interested in black bear performance...what is you suggestion for my next step...

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really depends on where you want to go with your mods (and what your wallet will allow). I personally would avoid an aftermarket exhaust, they provide little to no performance value. If you are looking for more HP, cam/LTs/blower should more than fit the bill!

bigjay003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We would tune via our AutoCal option. Since you have a 2017 6 speed we can tune the engine and transmission.
I can't stand the way my 2017 6 speed shifts, feels like the trans is worn out if you drive it hard, lots of hesitation in the shifts, very annoying. Are you saying you can fix this issue, would be very interested let me know please.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the way my 2017 6 speed shifts, feels like the trans is worn out if you drive it hard, lots of hesitation in the shifts, very annoying. Are you saying you can fix this issue, would be very interested let me know please.
Yes, we can improve shift patterns with the tune. Send us an email [email protected]. We would be happy to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts