'17 Yukon - front washer pump inoperable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grx8scott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping you guys could help me out. I was driving my Wife's '17 SLT the other day and went to wash the front windshield. Wiper blades came on, but no fluid. Asked her how long that had been broken and she said she never used it! Frustrating but that's another story...

Rear wiper and pump work. All good there.

No sound from front pump when called for. Checked the fuse, good there so it's gotta be the pump, right?

Replaced the pump with an ACDELCO I ordered online. Swapped it out, put it all back together, still nothing!

Did a little research, and checked to see if I have power at the fuse. Got a light tester and checked it out and nothing when I call for front washer fluid. Now I'm a pretty good parts hanger and youtube mechanic. Chasing down electrical gremlins is not my strong suit. Anybody have any suggestions to go from here?

Thanks,

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you have no 12v power in the appropriate pin in electrical connector that connects to the front pump's electrical connection pigtail? Also, check your ground at that same connection, and ensure that you get good continuity with the appropriate ground pin in that connector and the truck's chassis. No ground will also cause the washer motor not to operate, as the pump itself in not directly chassis grounded.

OP
OP
G

grx8scott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Didn't check the pins at the plug connector; checked for 12V at the fuse block and nothing. What else is there between the fuse and the switch on the steering column? From what I can see, wiring harness looks good. Is it possible the switch is bad? Am I missing something inbetween or am I in over my head?

Thanks,

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a wiring diagram for this? Maybe the pump gets power from wiper motor.

PGAWest

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping you guys could help me out. I was driving my Wife's '17 SLT the other day and went to wash the front windshield. Wiper blades came on, but no fluid. Asked her how long that had been broken and she said she never used it! Frustrating but that's another story...

Rear wiper and pump work. All good there.

No sound from front pump when called for. Checked the fuse, good there so it's gotta be the pump, right?

Replaced the pump with an ACDELCO I ordered online. Swapped it out, put it all back together, still nothing!

Did a little research, and checked to see if I have power at the fuse. Got a light tester and checked it out and nothing when I call for front washer fluid. Now I'm a pretty good parts hanger and youtube mechanic. Chasing down electrical gremlins is not my strong suit. Anybody have any suggestions to go from here?

Thanks,
I have this exact issue with my 2011 Tahoe. Were you able to get this resolved? Can you share what you did?

Brewder

Reaction score
Any chance the issue could be as easy as replacing the stalk? Part

84441461​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons