17 Tahoe LT Power Rear Lift Gate Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedWax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, all, new to the forum and glad to be here. Just purchased a used '17 Tahoe LT. Love it so far. Joined the forum as I love the Tahoe but am admittedly far less of a do-it-yourselfer and far less knowledgeable than the vast majority of members :(

I purchased the vehicle about a month ago, initially with no problems whatsoever. I've probably opened and closed the rear power liftgate hundreds of times already with no issues. Now, though, when I open the liftgate via either the key fob, interior button or gate itself, it will open just a few inches before shutting again. There doesn't seem to be any obstructions, and the gate will shut itself just fine once opened. I've also noticed that if I hold the gate and simply "guide" it slowly for the first few inches, it will open itself all the way after I let go.

Is anyone familiar with this issue or has anyone experienced it in the past? Is there a quick fix, or might I need a new part or sensor?

Thank you!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does yours have the foot sensor connector?
someone mentioned their foot sensor connector had broken. dealer replaced it.

there was a recall for actuator or sensors for the 2015i. not sure if newer have same issue

might also check the limit switch on console above your head in front seat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods