17 Denali rear infotainment screens unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexDex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 17 Denali. The rear infotainment remote had no batteries in it, so I installed new ones in anticipation of a trip this weekend. The remote seems to be working, and the DVD will play on the front screen and thru the speakers, but both rear screens seem to have no power.
There is no indication of backlight, just black screen, and no reaction to the remote.
Everything I find online is about the 40 pin cable for the center unit, but the symptoms from that are usually that it's backlit and doesn't affect the rear unit, so I don't think that's my problem.
I checked the RSE fuse, and it appears good. I pulled the radio fuse to reset the head unit, but no change.
It seems improbable that both screens would go out at the same time, so I'm thinking there must be some common issue.
The dome lights next to the screen units work just fine.
Possibly unrelated, but the overhead console button to open the rear hatch doesn't work either.
Help!

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever found a solution? I'm curious if you've ever had water intrusion in the roof/windshield/shark fin antenna. Curious that the tailgate button doesn't work either.