16 Yukon Denali - 2.5F / 1R level kit - 33x12.50x20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmurray94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys I went through just about all 70+ pages on the leveled tahoes/yukons thread and could not find a 100% direct answer to my question.

I found the exact look I want to go for with my 2016 Yukon Denali but I just want to see if anyone can give me a 100% accurate answer on scrubbing issues before I pull the trigger.

I want to run 20x9 +20 wheels with 33x12.50 Toyos. I found a guy running 305/55/20 and he stated no rubbing. However, the 33x12.50 is roughly .5” wider. My shop can not source the 305/55/20 at the moment but they have the 33s in stock.

I will be running the 2.5” front / 1” rear suspension maxx kit.

I appreciate it, and hopefully didn’t miss a thread with the answer to my question. I did try to search beforehand.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(I answered this is in the other thread you asked)

would be willing to bet, the 12.5 will rub.

however it will be of the slightest contact at these 2 points...
1. sway bar, generally this is shifted slightly to one side and rubs only at hard lock turns ( i mean holding the wheel tight to the side)
2. the inner fender liners near the front and rear edge ( they have ample room behind them to be pulled back and pinned with a heavy zip tie. ( drill 2 small holes about 1/4" to 1/2" apart, then insert the tie and connect another if needed to reach a stationary item to hold it in place)

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 285 on a 22x9 with 25mm...i rub the paint on the sway bar and you will be more into the meat of that bend

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

OP
OP
B

Bmurray94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. I pulled the trigger on a comparable 305/55/20 tire. Will report back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9