16' Yukon A/C Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill,

Was the replacement condenser AC Delco or did you go with another aftermarket brand?

Thanks,
Tim

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Did you put the PAG oil directly into the condenser or did you vacuum it in?

I just poured it inside the new condenser before installing, it doesn't need much, maybe around 2-3 ounces.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the response. I ended up putting 2 oz the condenser.

If you don't mind, I have tried to look up the torque specs for the tightening of the AC lines to the condenser but be darned if I can find anything specific.
From what I can figure out it is between 19-24 lbs. Did you use a specific torque or hand tighten to snug?

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the response. I ended up putting 2 oz the condenser.

If you don't mind, I have tried to look up the torque specs for the tightening of the AC lines to the condenser but be darned if I can find anything specific.
From what I can figure out it is between 19-24 lbs. Did you use a specific torque or hand tighten to snug?

With the AC lines I tightened them to the point where I was confident there wouldn't be any leaks between them and the condenser. If I had to convert that into torque specs I would say around 50ft/Ibs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr