16' Yukon A/C Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am a little late to the show on this thread but I have a 2017 (just purchased 60 days ago) with 77,800 on it and the A/C doesn't work. I checked and the compressor isn't engaging when you turn it on. I assume the compressor is won't kick on because the system is too low on Freon.

My question is - were you able to see the leak spot on the condenser?

I think I am going to take it to the Chev dealer by me and see if I can get GM to anty up to fix.

Thanks,
Tim
If your dealership is good, and it is the condenser. They will work with GM. If not, you can go through the BBB and let them contact GM. That is what I had to do since I was over the 75k mileage. They covered 1/2 of the expense, but 1/2 is better than zero.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am a little late to the show on this thread but I have a 2017 (just purchased 60 days ago) with 77,800 on it and the A/C doesn't work. I checked and the compressor isn't engaging when you turn it on. I assume the compressor is won't kick on because the system is too low on Freon.

My question is - were you able to see the leak spot on the condenser?

I think I am going to take it to the Chev dealer by me and see if I can get GM to anty up to fix.

Thanks,
Tim

I'm no expert but I think that's a Compressor Issue and not Condenser. When my A/C went out my Compressor was still running like normal even tho my Condenser was the main Problem that needed replacing.

When you take it to the dealer they should be able to tell you pretty quick what needs fixing, just be sure to look into any Recalls/Warranties before hand because I think a couple of people in this thread have had good luck with getting GM to front the cost of the repair.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I think that's a Compressor Issue and not Condenser. When my A/C went out my Compressor was still running like normal even tho my Condenser was the main Problem that needed replacing.

When you take it to the dealer they should be able to tell you pretty quick what needs fixing, just be sure to look into any Recalls/Warranties before hand because I think a couple of people in this thread have had good luck with getting GM to front the cost of the repair.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right it could be the compressor. I tried to find the compressor relay/fuse to see if it's blown but I'll be darned if I can find one. Looked at all the fuse/relay box maps and can't see where there is one.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
You are right it could be the compressor. I tried to find the compressor relay/fuse to see if it's blown but I'll be darned if I can find one. Looked at all the fuse/relay box maps and can't see where there is one.

Since the A/C compressor and Condenser is such a common problem on this generation, I wouldn't think that the fuses would be at fault. I could be wrong tho, I don't have allot of experience when it comes to the electrical side of these vehicles. Mostly just mechanical.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is no freon in the system....ie: it all leaked out ....(sometimes you can see a wet spot on the condenser sometimes not)...the compressor WILL NOT COME ON....

Pete,

I am going to check the freon level tonight and see if its way low. Also, I assume the compressor is fused and relayed but I'll be darned if I can find either?

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, took my 2017 into my local Chev dealer. The condenser is bad. They wanted $1,500 to fix. I brought up the known issue these vehicles are having with the condenser.

Said that was primarily with 2015/2016. I told him to button it back up and I was calling GM to discuss. I guess we'll see where that gets me but $1,500 seemed quite steep!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, took my 2017 into my local Chev dealer. The condenser is bad. They wanted $1,500 to fix. I brought up the known issue these vehicles are having with the condenser.

Said that was primarily with 2015/2016. I told him to button it back up and I was calling GM to discuss. I guess we'll see where that gets me but $1,500 seemed quite steep!
Pardon my language but he’s ******* full of shit.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score

Yeah they're just trying to honey dick you. I replaced mine for less than 200$, that's with new freon and everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan