16' Yukon A/C Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you get it taken care of soon. Nothing like driving in south Florida with no AC. You could always wear a mask and gloves if it gets unbearable. Good luck.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The A/C in my 2016 Tahoe [82K miles] is finally going belly up. Used to stay nice and cool at 72 degrees but now barely comes out on the lowest setting. When I turn on the rear A/C enough Freon gets into the system to make the front cold again. If I shut off the rear a/c the front starts to get warm again.

Trying to hold off until the next service in about 2K miles but not sure if it will last that long. For right now with the rear a/c on it's bearable. I hate the idea of going to the dealer with this Covid 19 going on. The timing could not be worse. The Temperature in my neck of the woods are in the 90's with jungle humidity everyday.

I knew it was going to go belly up eventually...Just did not know when. Surprised it lasted over 80K miles. The A/C system has been on since day 1.
Call GM. Beg for mercy. You are just a tad over in the mileage.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
The A/C in my 2016 Tahoe [82K miles] is finally going belly up. Used to stay nice and cool at 72 degrees but now barely comes out on the lowest setting. When I turn on the rear A/C enough Freon gets into the system to make the front cold again. If I shut off the rear a/c the front starts to get warm again.

Trying to hold off until the next service in about 2K miles but not sure if it will last that long. For right now with the rear a/c on it's bearable. I hate the idea of going to the dealer with this Covid 19 going on. The timing could not be worse. The Temperature in my neck of the woods are in the 90's with jungle humidity everyday.

I knew it was going to go belly up eventually...Just did not know when. Surprised it lasted over 80K miles. The A/C system has been on since day 1.

That's a bummer, Between the heat of the south and this Corona virus it's probably the worst time to have A/C issues. Hopefully they will be able to check it out at your next service.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you get it taken care of soon. Nothing like driving in south Florida with no AC. You could always wear a mask and gloves if it gets unbearable. Good luck.

I actually see morons riding around [in 100 degree heat index] with their top down and homeless people walking right up to their vehicle standing right over them at long red lights begging for money. They are not wearing masks.

Call GM. Beg for mercy. You are just a tad over in the mileage.

Yes begging for mercy actually worked. Did not think that would actually happen.

That's a bummer, Between the heat of the south and this Corona virus it's probably the worst time to have A/C issues. Hopefully they will be able to check it out at your next service.

Started blowing hot air Tuesday. Called the GMC dealership immediately and they got me in the next morning at 7:30 which was yesterday. Then called GM about my issue. To my amazement they covered the entire cost for my Condenser. The dealer also covered my rental Charger from Enterprise which I had for a few hours.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually see morons riding around [in 100 degree heat index] with their top down and homeless people walking right up to their vehicle standing right over them at long red lights begging for money. They are not wearing masks.

Yes begging for mercy actually worked. Did not think that would actually happen.

Started blowing hot air Tuesday. Called the GMC dealership immediately and they got me in the next morning at 7:30 which was yesterday. Then called GM about my issue. To my amazement they covered the entire cost for my Condenser. The dealer also covered my rental Charger from Enterprise which I had for a few hours.
Sweet deal. Glad you saved your toy money. Now you can spend it elsewhere and be cool.

2017Tahoe757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what is the best replacement AC condenser to use? I took my Tahoe in March to get the AC fixed. I said I think it's the condenser, they said no the high valve is leaking. $750. 30 days later, NO AC. I take it back, they said it's the condenser. $1100 but we'll use a NAPA condenser and give you the same warranty. I'm like F-it. I can do it myself. I want an AC condenser with a solid weld and not just tecs.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
So what is the best replacement AC condenser to use? I took my Tahoe in March to get the AC fixed. I said I think it's the condenser, they said no the high valve is leaking. $750. 30 days later, NO AC. I take it back, they said it's the condenser. $1100 but we'll use a NAPA condenser and give you the same warranty. I'm like F-it. I can do it myself. I want an AC condenser with a solid weld and not just tecs.

oof Hopefully you can get your $750 back. The condenser I installed was the ACDelco Professional 15-63889. I think it was only around $115. It's been a couple of months since I put it in and so far no problems.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oof Hopefully you can get your $750 back. The condenser I installed was the ACDelco Professional 15-63889. I think it was only around $115. It's been a couple of months since I put it in and so far no problems.

Hey Guys,

I am a little late to the show on this thread but I have a 2017 (just purchased 60 days ago) with 77,800 on it and the A/C doesn't work. I checked and the compressor isn't engaging when you turn it on. I assume the compressor is won't kick on because the system is too low on Freon.

My question is - were you able to see the leak spot on the condenser?

I think I am going to take it to the Chev dealer by me and see if I can get GM to anty up to fix.

Thanks,
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518