'16 Escalade Trans question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dino615

Reaction score
So l had a condenser go out and had to change it. I obviously lost that fluid that was in the cooler as well as what leaked on the ground. Now I am experiencing shifting issues from 1st to 2nd. Has anyone actually installed a dip stick on their Escalade? If so, do you know the part number, or model year to order it from? I obviously can't order a part that never came on the vehicle.

Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the tube should be 24267838
and the dipstick could not find the part number but any 15-20 tahoe, yukon, suburban, denali should be the same
as far as fluid loss unless you lost more than a pint or 2 it probably would not be the source of your issue
clean the intake, new air filter, clean the maf and throttle body as those send shift information to the computer

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a number for the 6 speed or 8 speed trans? Or does it work on both ot them? I've been wanting one for my 2017 so I can do my own services.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tube should be 24267838
and the dipstick could not find the part number but any 15-20 tahoe, yukon, suburban, denali should be the same
as far as fluid loss unless you lost more than a pint or 2 it probably would not be the source of your issue
clean the intake, new air filter, clean the maf and throttle body as those send shift information to the computer
See my previous post. Forgot to link you the first time

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a number for the 6 speed or 8 speed trans? Or does it work on both ot them? I've been wanting one for my 2017 so I can do my own services.
I didn't take into consideration if that was for a 6 or 8 speed, i just looked up for suburban.
so my info could be wrong but any dealer parts department can provide the correct one for a 6 or 8 should all be the same for either trans across all brands.
they don't make a different one for a tahoe or a yukon as long as it is the same transmission

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. The 8 speed doesn't come with one, so I wasn't sure if there was an actual number for one, or if it's an aftermarket thing. I'll do some snooping

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. The 8 speed doesn't come with one, so I wasn't sure if there was an actual number for one, or if it's an aftermarket thing. I'll do some snooping
I have read some of the corvette's did not come a transmission dipstick and some people were putting one from something on them but I don't have any details

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read some of the corvette's did not come a transmission dipstick and some people were putting one from something on them but I don't have any details
I looked at the silverado forum and I guess a dipstick from a 2016 camaro will fit. I might look into it. Or, I'll just pay to have it flushed every 40k and call it good as long as there are no leaks. But, I am super old school and like to be able to check stuff before trips, etc. I hate cost cutting that forces a. Dealership visit..........#grinds my gears. LOL

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at the silverado forum and I guess a dipstick from a 2016 camaro will fit. I might look into it. Or, I'll just pay to have it flushed every 40k and call it good as long as there are no leaks. But, I am super old school and like to be able to check stuff before trips, etc. I hate cost cutting that forces a. Dealership visit..........#grinds my gears. LOL
I am as well, my 18 silverado has a dipstick so have not ran into this issue but I make it a habit to use a flashlight and look under my vehicles on a regular basis to make sure there are no leaks from anything, if it's not leaking then it should still be full

OP
OP
D

Dino615

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I think I will start with a flush first and see if that helps/fixes the issue. I will look into the part numbers for that part. Maybe do an Amazon order so if it doesn't fit I can send it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345