15i battery swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 24k miles 2015i Yukon Denali is starting to show signs of the battery going out.

Longer cranks even in warm weather. So, I figure that before winter comes I’ll get a new battery in there.

As I’m thinking about it in the house, I was remembering when I swapped in the intake. I had disconnected the negative terminal and i can’t remember if the alarm went off when I disconnected it or when I reconnected it.
I can’t remember what all happened I just remember it being a PitA and not straight forward.

Anything I need to look out for or will leaving a battery tender type device on the wires be good enough?

Going to put an interstate in. Have always had great luck with them...

RobDenali

Reaction score
Did you swap your battery? I have a 16 and its time for a new battery. I am trying to find a thread with any tips to doing a battery install

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was weird. No alarm issues this time. Straight swap.

couole things to remember:

there are only 2-3 places that make batteries. Everyone just slaps their name on them.

even in that company group now, let’s take interstate (my preference for non race cars), they make batteries with their name on it, but for Costco and big o tires etc etc.

my he label will say interstate but won’t be green. It will be black or grey etc...

they build those batteries cheaper, usually it’s the architecture inside that they skimp on. So they will break down due to vibration quicker.
Essentially you are getting a way worse battery than you are in saving money.

really unless you are spending over $300 on a battery company, the typical Quaker, interstate, Costco blah blah blah, best battery for the buck is the interstate. And then with that, there are their different levels. They said that the cca and details on the label, even their cheapest line will perform better than listed and close to their top line. But their top line has the best cell build and best infrastructure in it so it can take the biggest beating.

makes sense when you kind of think about it.

(they have a distribution warehouse with a repair facility near me. I went In a couple years ago to buy a battery. They don’t sell to the public, only dealers. But apparently being relatively young, with a cane, they started chatting with me. I’m in a very anti military and anti police area. When they learned my history; they not only sold me a battery at a great price, we also bs’d about batteries and the differences in them etc etc..
2 hours, a couple sodas, a lot of lying about women and a little learning about batteries lol!)

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 24k miles 2015i Yukon Denali is starting to show signs of the battery going out.

Longer cranks even in warm weather. So, I figure that before winter comes I’ll get a new battery in there.

As I’m thinking about it in the house, I was remembering when I swapped in the intake. I had disconnected the negative terminal and i can’t remember if the alarm went off when I disconnected it or when I reconnected it.
I can’t remember what all happened I just remember it being a PitA and not straight forward.

Anything I need to look out for or will leaving a battery tender type device on the wires be good enough?

Going to put an interstate in. Have always had great luck with them...
To avoid the car alarm going off when I reconnect the battery I leave a door only partially latched so the security system doesn't arm before I start work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14