'15 Yukon XL SLT will not start, cluster light going crazy, engine will not shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I finally got my truck back, it turns out that it was a faulty side detection sensor located in the left front of the vehicle. It stopped working about a year ago but I didn’t care much for it. As a result it fried BCM module so both needed to be replaced and programmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you got it figured out. Thanks for sharing your findings. What did the bcm run you?

dbaudo1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any idea how they came to the conclusion the BCM was fried? i'm having a very similar issue with my '17 yukon. just start up yesterday and was driving from eastern PA to OH in a slushy snowy mess. thankfully i had waze which provides a speedo so I could get home without a ticket, but now I have to figure out what's causing the problem

15chariot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issues as OP so I suspect the BCM is the issue but was looking for confirmation before I start swapping parts.

While driving, instrument gauges went to zero, multiple warning lights and messages illuminated (seems like all of them), then cycled back to normal. No effect of driveability or performance. Car shut off normally when start/stop button pressed.

Next day, car started normally but same thing happened with gauges and warning lights. Engine did not immediately shut off when start/stop button pressed. Gauges and warning lights kept cycling and eventually engine shut off within a minute. Delayed response to pressing start/stop to turn on ignition. Played around with pushing the start/stop button with and without pressing the brake pedal. Finally got it to start and drive but gauges and warning lights were still erratic.

Ran scan tool and came up with codes below.

Car will now only start with remote start but will not go fully “on” and unlock steering wheel & transmission selector when brake pedal and start/stop button is pressed. 1 out of 5 times will respond to pressing start/stop button. Other times, I just hear 2 relay clicks (not starter) when I press the start/stop button. When it does come on, gauges are in US units but HVAC is in metric (Celsius).

2015 GMC Yukon 5.3L

DTC codes 2/15/2022

Engine Control Module – Pass

Transmission Control Module – Pass

Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)

U0073-00/History DTC – Control Module communication bus A off

U0077-00/History DTC – Control module communication chassis expansion CAN bus off

U0102-00/History DTC – Lost communication with transfer case control module

U0126-00/History DTC – Lost communication with steering wheel angel sensor module

U0151-00/History DTC – Lost communication with inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module

Power Steering Control Module (PSCM)

U2099-00/History DTC – High speed communication enable circuit

Body Control Module (BCM)

B305A-00/Current DTC – No response from steering column lock received

B3978-00/Current DTC – No environment identifier received from inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module

B3979-00/Current DTC - No environment identifier received from HVAC control module

B3980-00/Current DTC - No environment identifier received from instrument cluster

U0078-00/Current DTC – Control module communication low speed CAN bus off

U0100-00/History DTC – Lost communication with engine control module

U0121-00/History DTC - Lost communication with electronic brake control module

Human Machine Interface Module (HMICM)

U0029-00/Current DTC – MOST bus performance

Lisababes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got my truck back, it turns out that it was a faulty side detection sensor located in the left front of the vehicle. It stopped working about a year ago but I didn’t care much for it. As a result it fried BCM module so both needed to be replaced and programmed.

Hi I am experiencing the exact same problem. How much did this cost at the dealership

Mindset_Mary

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am experiencing the exact same problem. How much did this cost at the dealership
Hello, I have a 2015 Escalade and the same thing happened to me, cluster lights going nuts, I see every error message imaginable, my vehicle push button wouldn't turn off my vehicle and then would turn on my vehicle. My GMPP expired 6 months ago and not sure if this would even be covered. Before all this happened I received an error message saying that I should replace the key battery, 10 minutes later everything went nuts on me. If anyone has an words of wisdom or advice I would really appreciate it. Thank You guys in advance for helping me out! Mary

Yukon2703

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Hello, I have a 2015 Escalade and the same thing happened to me, cluster lights going nuts, I see every error message imaginable, my vehicle push button wouldn't turn off my vehicle and then would turn on my vehicle. My GMPP expired 6 months ago and not sure if this would even be covered. Before all this happened I received an error message saying that I should replace the key battery, 10 minutes later everything went nuts on me. If anyone has a words of wisdom or advice I would really appreciate it. Thank You guys in advance for helping me out! Mary
Did everyone end up replacing there bcm and did it fix your issues? I’m experiencing the same problem with the same symptoms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne