** '15 Yukon XL Denali w/95k miles - Yes or No? **

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pass. The mileage doesn't concern me but the year does. Try for at least a 2017.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOOSe, just curios how do you " (shift into Manual Gear 7 mode to hold it in V8 mode)? I never knew this could be done. Thanks, Keith
Pull shift lever down to furthest position and use +/- buttons to select gear you want to be in.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOSe, just curios how do you " (shift into Manual Gear 7 mode to hold it in V8 mode)? I never knew this could be done. Thanks, Keith

Keith, I think 2015's only came with 6-speed transmissions. If that's the case, I would think M6 mode would work just same and keep it in V8 mode only, but maybe someone else can chime in and confirm.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you put the Tahoe in manual mode, and select a gear on the screen, that gear is as high as the truck will shift. It will use every gear below it, the manual gear selection just keeps it from going over that gear. I don't believe it will lock out the V4 mode either. If it did, we wouldn't have a million threads about all the problems with V4 mode, people would just select m6 and never have an issue.

I'm not sure if that's whats being discussed but I know that's how that selector works. Of course I haven't tested if it will let you blow up your engine by keeping it in second gear down the highway. ;-)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Life is a gamble.
If the price is low enough, you've had an evaluation done by a shop, and you're not trying to drive 30k miles per year going forward, go for it.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015.5 Tahoe came with the 6 speed and the 2015.5 Denali came with the 8 speed. The 2015.5 also known as the interim was produced after October 15, 2014.

16rgs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the responses. I'll give it a try. Next will be tune to eliminate the V4.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto park? I had no idea the 15’s has this. I ordered a 16 and checked every box I think and I don’t have that. Interesting.
Me either, I can't just line her up and "forget" while the Yukon pulls into the parking space, but darned if I didn't get a call from my dealer (after posting this last week) that I need to come in and have it checked. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the recall, or they're using words for something else and calling it a "slow speed issue with the auto park" option. I have lane control, collision warning, and gap sensing Cruise control, but no auto park. Is it something that comes on the Denali Package? I don't know, but figured I'd schedule an appointment with my dealer, because, ya know, I have nothing else going on now anyway. ;)

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a one owner (not a rental) '15 Yukon XL Denali w/95k miles. Truck looks clean with only minor scratches and nicks and has new tires. Drives well but only tested it at city speeds. What are the common problems to look for?

Thanks!

Jeff
90,000 highway miles = 10%

14,000miles of wear on the engine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman