15 Tahoe won't go past 85MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MRC is going to FAIL - period.

Also, many owners complain of a harsh ride with the MRC.

My Tahoe's MRC front shocks went bad at 32k miles! Just under $2,000 at Chevy to get the OE replacement done. Crazy! I spent less $ on my MRC delete circuits and Fox shocks (awesome upgrade to front and back suspension). My Fox 2.0 front coilovers are also fully serviceable by the company and can be adjusted for increased ride height; or moved to another Tahoe/Suburban/Silverado if desired - all bonuses in my book.
I dunno, I've driven plenty of rental / loaner Tahoe's, Yukons and Suburban's without MRC and found them bouncy and well... Riding like a truck. Both of the Yukon's I've had with MRC have been like driving on a cloud - My 2019 being the better of the 2 (even on 22's). Maybe it will break some day, but I'll keep the MRC or drive something else.

chuckieBootstrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 15 Denali and just got my shocks switched because the front shocks went out. Noticed that I couldn't go over 85 and took it right back to the shop that replaced them. Clearly I need the delete kit. But my question is should the shop be responsible for this or am I ? I definitely feel like they should have advised of this prior to fixing.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this shop a GM dealer?

in a dream world it would be the shop ;)
in reality, more than likely you... (as the shop did the job you asked...replace the shocks)

however since the shop clearly isn't familiar w/ the work required... sweet talk them & see if they will cover some or all of it ;)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 15 Denali and just got my shocks switched because the front shocks went out. Noticed that I couldn't go over 85 and took it right back to the shop that replaced them. Clearly I need the delete kit. But my question is should the shop be responsible for this or am I ? I definitely feel like they should have advised of this prior to fixing.
pretty sure you asked to have the shocks replaced, should have done your homework.
for future reference you can buy the "shock" portion of the oem strut for less than 1/2 the cost of what the dealer wants and have them replaced and out the door for 1/2 of what the dealer would charge and walk away with a lifetime warranty. rockauto.com

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday my 15 Tahoe LTZ will not go faster than 85mph. Feels like a governor is on it. Also when the left turn signal is on the interior light flashes. Weird weird weird! Recently had the front struts replaced from magride tp passive. Does anyone have a clue on this?

Battery may not have enough juice to run the truck at that speed or beyond. Put a scan tool on it and I bet it's time for a new battery. Voltage gets low and all kinds of things start acting screwy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham