15 tahoe service air suspension message overide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

advancedautomotiv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have converted air suspension to regular suspension in 15 tahoe , i have read you need to install 3.9 ohm 25 watt resistors on each shock connector. will this work on the 15? every thing i read seems to be 14 and back. if so does rest of system need to be intact or do i need resistor for suspension module or compressor or she 4 shocks?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not personally worked on a 2015 truck, but I believe that you still need to put resistors on all shocks that have wire connections. No other resistors are needed for any other places. I would suggest removing the fuse to the compressor, which is located in the fuse box under the hood.

Other folks with specific knowledge on a 2015 truck will chime in.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@advancedautomotiv - contact Xineering, LLC out of Orlando, FL for their Shock Sims product. They have resistors and also directions on how to bypass the air compressor so that you don't get the Service Air Suspension message.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have resistors on order. I think the compressor is what I am not sure of . Thanks gor info
the same resistors will work since the system operates the same, as for the pump if it is still present you should be able to just pull the relay, however I am unsure if that will cause a separate error or not, most likely not though.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xineering, LLC not only offers the resistors, but their new OBD/SS product is great. Plugs right into the OBDII port below the steering column and does all the work of the resistors for you.
I would suggest still plugging something into the old Magneride/Autoride (where the resistors would go) so that you can help prevent corrosion, damage, etc. The computer is still looking at those wires for voltage and damage to them, or the connection point, will also cause the system to throw suspension messages.