'15 Tahoe LTZ - suspension - all four corners bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to contact NORCAL SS who is a vendor on this board. He seems pretty good with suspension issues. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I've finally put this issue to bed. Put 2" spacers and Bilstein 5100's in the rear of the Tahoe last night. The rear is now exactly 2" higher than the front and the Bilsteins feel so smooth. Best of all, the wife is happy with how it sits now.

longo304

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2015 tahoe (60k miles) with a Z95 suspension--which sucks. I had the Maxtrac 2" rear lowering kit installed but otherwise stock. I have been reading the various suspension posts all day and am more confused (age75) than ever. I plan on using the Xineering delete kit but it is still unclear what I can use for replacement shocks. It sounds like Monroe struts will work for front but would love some feedback for the rear. What a standard ride but not soft! Can someone offer an old man some shock/strut advice based on my specifics. Thanks much for any help.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2015 tahoe (60k miles) with a Z95 suspension--which sucks. I had the Maxtrac 2" rear lowering kit installed but otherwise stock. I have been reading the various suspension posts all day and am more confused (age75) than ever. I plan on using the Xineering delete kit but it is still unclear what I can use for replacement shocks. It sounds like Monroe struts will work for front but would love some feedback for the rear. What a standard ride but not soft! Can someone offer an old man some shock/strut advice based on my specifics. Thanks much for any help.
My setup is Bilstein all around and Xineering bypass. I recognize that my Bilstein setup is prob a bit overkill for strictly street driving, but I love the feel of it - solid, firm, not harsh, and not soft. I did have to add a 1" spacer in the rear to get the forward rake back because I bought the front assembled with new springs and used factory rear springs.

Basically if you run the bypass you can run any non-Magride shock in there.

SandroLR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My setup is Bilstein all around and Xineering bypass. I recognize that my Bilstein setup is prob a bit overkill for strictly street driving, but I love the feel of it - solid, firm, not harsh, and not soft. I did have to add a 1" spacer in the rear to get the forward rake back because I bought the front assembled with new springs and used factory rear springs.

Basically if you run the bypass you can run any non-Magride shock in there.
Did you have part number of those bilstein, already bought a pair of front bilstein to make that conversion. On mi 2015 Tahoe and my mechanic tell me this struts don’t fit, and call the bilstein provider and can’t help us, so I have to return them but I have no options now

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have part number of those bilstein, already bought a pair of front bilstein to make that conversion. On mi 2015 Tahoe and my mechanic tell me this struts don’t fit, and call the bilstein provider and can’t help us, so I have to return them but I have no options now
They are probably saying they dont fit because your original shocks are possibly electronic (mrc) while the bilsteins are not. You would need the xeneering bypass setup also to trick the electronics.