15 Denali replaced Mag struts now issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all from Ky .... just replaced my MRC front struts on my 2015 GMC Yukon Denali due to bouncy ride ...... I had no error messages until after I replaced the Struts now i have "Service Suspension" pop up at start up ........ any suggestions on why the error?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all from Ky .... just replaced my MRC front struts on my 2015 GMC Yukon Denali due to bouncy ride ...... I had no error messages until after I replaced the Struts now i have "Service Suspension" pop up at start up ........ any suggestions on why the error?

Thanks
replaced with what? if you replaced with oem then double check the connector on top of the shock if they are not connected properly (clipped-on) then the connection is loose and will cause a error
if you replaced them with aftermarket then you need resistors or the resistors supplied are no good or not installed properly.
either way double check your work and make sure you didn't unplug or disconnect or damage a ride height sensor

OP
OP
B

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
replaced with what? if you replaced with oem then double check the connector on top of the shock if they are not connected properly (clipped-on) then the connection is loose and will cause a error
if you replaced them with aftermarket then you need resistors or the resistors supplied are no good or not installed properly.
either way double check your work and make sure you didn't unplug or disconnect or damage a ride height sensor

Sorry forgot to explain myself better...but i replaced them with OEM struts ....i did have issues getting the pins apart on the passenger side .... my plans was to take it back apart to double check but wanted to ask if i was missing something before i tore back into it ...... Can a person get a new connector end (pins mainly)?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to explain myself better...but i replaced them with OEM struts ....i did have issues getting the pins apart on the passenger side .... my plans was to take it back apart to double check but wanted to ask if i was missing something before i tore back into it ...... Can a person get a new connector end (pins mainly)?
you can but that connector has no part number it is literally called a "genuine gm connector" I thought mine was bad when I had a similar problem and it took the parts guy that has been at the dealer for 20 yrs a bit of work to find, I then discovered mine was just not connected properly it has a metal clip and plastic clip, the metal clip has to be pushed in so it can connect properly then the plastic tab holds it in place so it can't be accidentally pressed and released, if you can pull yours off by hand then it's not connected properly

OP
OP
B

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can but that connector has no part number it is literally called a "genuine gm connector" I thought mine was bad when I had a similar problem and it took the parts guy that has been at the dealer for 20 yrs a bit of work to find, I then discovered mine was just not connected properly it has a metal clip and plastic clip, the metal clip has to be pushed in so it can connect properly then the plastic tab holds it in place so it can't be accidentally pressed and released, if you can pull yours off by hand then it's not connected properly
Ive got a new connector arriving today and just wondering if there is a positive / Negative side or either way i wire it will work?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got a new connector arriving today and just wondering if there is a positive / Negative side or either way i wire it will work?
no idea, but if one way does not work then swap the wires. the gm upfitter guide might show the wire colors

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a positive and negative to those connectors, and the color coding on the wiring should be helpful to you.. I used AllData DIY to get the wiring schematic, including wiring color codes, for my electronic suspension controls and connectors.

OP
OP
B

Bigwill1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i finally got around to changing the plug out and I tried both wire combination and I am still getting the Service Suspension Error ..... does something have to be reset? or is there a scan tool that will tell me what the issue is?

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waring should go away when the proper voltage is read. Maybe disconnect battery for 20min and let the computer reset itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts