15 Dashboard Flaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boal05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All-
So I get my car back from the dealership, after having them replace some pieces on the dash around the nav screen that they damaged putting in a new radio and my dash looks like this (see picture below) The service manager claimed that they just wiped it down after cleaning the glass with some foaming glass spray, and it was flaking off. Oddly enough, when we bought the car used, there was a small spot like this above the instrument cluster, which the dealership we bought it from had it repaired by their 'interior repair guy'. Any thoughts as to what this could be, I've never seen this before, or ideas on how to fix it? It looks like a snake shedding it's skin almost... HELP! this adds to the already long list of things wrong with this car, which is extremely frustrating, but that is a topic for another thread...

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It looks to be a gloss coat that their interior guy probably put over his re-dye repair, and when they used the foaming glass cleaner, which has alcohol in it, it rubbed off. It can't be repaired. Most likely the coating(what's peeling) will have to come completely off and resprayed. But the dye repair job will probably get messed up in the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep