14Bolt SF 4X4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
yea i know alot of people who get the 2wd axles by mistake, mostly because they are a whole lot easier to get a hold of. however alot of people also get them to work just fine, but its a little extra work to do so.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Went to Glick's local junk yard. They couldn't find anything. That's the only place around here =[. Dangit. I checked craiglist. ALL 2WD. And most are 8 lug.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
^ the 4x4 6 lug 14 bolts are hard to come by, but you will eventually find one you just have to keep checkin in w/ the local salvage yards and keep a few hundred bucks handy and you will get one when you least expect it.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
You can get one out of a 1500HD 4wd OBS as well. My buddy has one in his 98 Silverado from the factory. Look for RPO code F44 in the glove box.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
I forgot about the 1500's

why dont u want a full floater? they are way easy'r to change shafts if they break. in my opinion.....

Full floaters create more work, you gotta swap 8 lug to 6 lug hubs, move the spring perches and shock mounts. A SF is usually adequate for 37-38" tires and a much more friendly install. Thats not to say the FF is worse but it can cost more to swap in and unless your running 38+ it's usually not necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14