12 way heated cooled seats on a ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope didn't program anything and daamn these heated seats are awesome
I checked all the grounds it was the same thing that I expected two in the back by the right d pillar and two under the passenger seat is there anymore that i missed ? The only weird thing is that there is 2 big red wires coming from the passenger side under dash one with white stripe and one with a black stripe that had no where to go on the new harness i traced it back but they were cut so im not even sure if they even did anything before..

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've had heated seats before and it was a must have option when I bought gm. Anyways, I was reading through some ppv threads and was reading that there was alot of extra wiring that runs through the front of the cabin that's ppv package specific. I don't specifically know what the extra wiring does or why it would interfere with seat function, but that extra wiring could be causing the issues. I'm not sure on that. Dumb question but when you turned on everything and the other issues started, did you check all your fuses and relays?

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i checked all wires and fuses had a missing cooled seat fuse but that was it put a fuse in it and i have memory heated and cooled seats its just the rear doors and trunk that aren't getting power

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this ever figured out? Any write ups on this?

mikedamageinc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope didn't program anything and daamn these heated seats are awesome
I checked all the grounds it was the same thing that I expected two in the back by the right d pillar and two under the passenger seat is there anymore that i missed ? The only weird thing is that there is 2 big red wires coming from the passenger side under dash one with white stripe and one with a black stripe that had no where to go on the new harness i traced it back but they were cut so im not even sure if they even did anything before..

Thanks for posting this, I just installed heat/cool seats in my 08 Yukon Denali that already had heated seats and the same harness and everything works except the cool and passenger airbag isn't happy.

Could you or someone post pics of the harness connectors under the two front seats?

Thanks!!

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the leather seat swap into my PPV, couldn’t figure out how to get the heated seats to work even though i pulled the buttons off the doors from the donor. Everything else works great for the 12-way adjustments.

The harness for the PPV vs. the Donor LTZ Tahoe was way different. The PPV had half as many wires.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I did the leather seat swap into my PPV, couldn’t figure out how to get the heated seats to work even though i pulled the buttons off the doors from the donor. Everything else works great for the 12-way adjustments.

The harness for the PPV vs. the Donor LTZ Tahoe was way different. The PPV had half as many wires.
Probably needs the bcm programmed for it to work as intended.

steve671

Reaction score

Any chance you can share how you got the 12-way power to work with the wiring and plugs being different?

Time2Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can share how you got the 12-way power to work with the wiring and plugs being different?

12 way seats only need the Positive & Negative wire hooked up on the plug. Those two wires and all the power/lumber functions work.