12 way heated cooled seats on a ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i was soooo lucky to find a front end crashed 2009 tahoe ltz that came with heated and cooled seats plus all the goodies, i have a 2008 tahoe exppv that has the 6 way seats both driver and passenger have one electical leaver and the rest is manual where i live (canada) winter is mean so since i have a full donor tahoe please guys someone shed some light on how to install these seats on my ppv that would be greatly appreciated...

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if thats the case the seats have big computers under them i swiched the door switches and installed the buttons and they do light up and i now i have the autofold mirrors so im not sure if its in the bcm all i know is i need the heated seats my bottom freezes every time i sit in my hoe loool,
I took all the body wiring out and so far i have canceld the curtain airbag wires along with the wires going to the oem sub and the rear backup sensors

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would need the extra harnesses to have all the seat functions plugged into power. And then he is correct^, the bcm needs to be reprogrammed to send power to those harnesses to allow all the functions to work properly. I would assume a tech II scanner or equivalent would be needed to reprogram the bcm but I'm not sure on that part. That could be something only a dealer tech could do but again not sure.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i guess its not something I could do by my own ?
Would i need to take the adjustable pedals too in order to get the memory seat function?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the adjustable pedals. You could probably do everything wiring wise and installing and then take the bcm to the dealer to have programmed. That wouldn't be too bad.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's exactly what i was thinking about doing, i was thinking about laying the harness and cancelling every thing that I don't need and just keeping whats needed and the rest would just be with my oem wiring or i could just completely swap the winring harness wich i feel would be too hard considering all the airbags and other stuff that are extra on the donor tahoe side

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update I switched the interior wiring harness and now i have heated and cooled seats 12 way in a exppv but guys i have some problems please someone shed some light and help me on this one, rear doors speakers are not working any more plus dome will not light up when opening either rear doors, tail gate has no power whatsoever i try pressing the button but there is nothing the rear glass works fine plus the rear windshield wiper is not working any more and i have a service airbag light I really have no idea as to where i messed up please help!!!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a groundING wire got switched somewhere in the process. Did you have to program the bcm to get the seats to have power?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094