118k Miles...transmission gone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubSonic

Reaction score
VW must have really wanted the sale. What did they say?

Probably that they couldn't move those turds off the lot. ;) But I'm coming off of some serious bad experiences with VW, so I may be jaded.
Seems there are issues with just about everything.

That said, glad you like the Atlas, OP!

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably that they couldn't move those turds off the lot. ;) But I'm coming off of some serious bad experiences with VW, so I may be jaded.
Seems there are issues with just about everything.

That said, glad you like the Atlas, OP!
I got $30k for the Passat Premium I paid $15k for after the dieselgate fiasco...Passat was the roomiest car with decent features and for the most part VW extends warranties on certain parts that are notorious for breaking down too soon. I wouldn't say they are as expedient as Lexus is, but they aren't too far behind.

On another note, thats why its good to know your local trans and engine builders. Albeit my Yuk is 17 years old, but all the mainstream shops in town wanted $2.5k for a rebuild and r&r. Picked up my built trans for $850 cash and r&r was another $350 with fluid. Can't complain.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every new generation of tranny has its issues just like other parts. But especially tranny’s. That’s why it’s best to wait until the 2nd-3rd year of a new model so they get the bugs worked out.

He got his in 2014 which makes it either a 2014 or 2014. 6 speed. That trans has been used for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep