10 ply tires on the Burb. Your thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last summer my Esky needed some new rubber and I scored set of 4 10 PLY LT 17" Goodyear Wrangler ATS @ Walmart clearance for $325 all 4 mounted/balanced !!!
And I though it was also better to go with LT's since my esky is the heavier ESV AWD version

I didn't buy them to haul anything, that job is for my Suburban. But the price was to good to pass and I hate body roll and sway when driving on highway, so these LT tires do the job. Also I run 50 PSI all around for city/highway driving and no issue so far with road comfort matter of fact its handling pretty good in current Dallas snow storm :driver:

Dave

81tMZNEdsvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, so I'll be brief as someone else may be interested.

2009 Burb 2500 4wd. I run the 10-ply Cooper AT3 (265/75/16). 3/4 ton rides like a 3/4 ton. Work well enough in rain, snow and slush. Less well in mud. Hard rubber wears long, ~40k and still have a few miles until tread wear indicator. I replaced a pair with the Cooper ATP3 due to road damage and off the shelf availability mid-trip.

DO NOT run under inflated, especially in the rain, had a tendency to hydroplane when shop only filled to 35psi.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, so I'll be brief as someone else may be interested.

2009 Burb 2500 4wd. I run the 10-ply Cooper AT3 (265/75/16). 3/4 ton rides like a 3/4 ton. Work well enough in rain, snow and slush. Less well in mud. Hard rubber wears long, ~40k and still have a few miles until tread wear indicator. I replaced a pair with the Cooper ATP3 due to road damage and off the shelf availability mid-trip.

DO NOT run under inflated, especially in the rain, had a tendency to hydroplane when shop only filled to 35psi.

Cooper are GOOD tires !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63