1-2 shift becoming harder every day it seems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Hey guys got a question. When I first got my tune justin fixed the 1-2 slip. no slip anymore , but jolting. It used to be butter smooth. This started as a mild issue a few months ago and now has become bothersome. IT happens only at low speed. At 3/4 to wot its butter. Any ideas? Do I need a retune? 2-3 3-4 are butter as well. Cant even feel them. Also downshifting is smooth as butter as well. Its just the up shift from 1-2.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tunes don't "go bad", I would venture to guess that you might have something wrong with your 1-2 servo. When I switched mine with a Vette servo, we thought the transmission was just slipping, lo and behold, when we took out the stock servo, it was cracked.

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Sorry, I just spent the past 10 min trying to find it and cant. Do you by chance have a link?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Search under Vette Servo I think...I am on my phone so it would take too much for me to try to dig it up.

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
lol dumbass me. I was searching vette survo. not servo.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

hmm, Im worried about what it does. I have about 15k miles on the tranny, but 10 of those 15k are hard. Im trying to sell it, but anybody that drives it is worried about that shift. Will one fix it?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depends on how bad your transmission is. If you needed it, you get free retunes, so you could have Justin put everything back to stock for you. I am willing to bet that the issue will still be there though...

OP
OP
Rollin Thunder

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Stock has the slip though. Which was one of my most favorite parts with the tune that The 1-2 slip is gone. I may just throw a servo on, My mechanic can get one installed for about 60 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys