09 yukon 2 in rear lowering - shock relocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the bump stops mounted on the 07-14’s? I can’t find any videos on it.

I think it's just a dense foam cylinder twisted into a steel cup/socket that's attached (welded?) to a frame extension:

OP
OP
F

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's just a dense foam cylinder twisted into a steel cup/socket that's attached (welded?) to a frame extension:

Correct. I had a hell of a time trying to figure it out because all references to bumpstops are on the 1500 trucks that are bolted on. You literally have to get a good grip on it and twist/pull it out.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Correct. I had a hell of a time trying to figure it out because all references to bumpstops are on the 1500 trucks that are bolted on. You literally have to get a good grip on it and twist/pull it out.

Ok appreciate it, it's lefty loosey right? I was doing a recon mission and it wouldn't budge and I was afraid of it breaking off. I guess I can use a pipe or chain/strap wrench on it.

OP
OP
F

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok appreciate it, it's lefty loosey right? I was doing a recon mission and it wouldn't budge and I was afraid of it breaking off. I guess I can use a pipe or chain/strap wrench on it.
No need, even if you rip it you just need to dig the foam out of the cup. There is no threads whatsoever.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's not really like a screw. The bump stop has an indentation a little below the very top of it. There are tabs formed in the cup. When you push the bump stop up into the cup and twist, you're basically squishing the top to force it past/above those tabs. Once all the way up, turning it a time or two ensures the entire perimeter is above those tabs.. Removal is just the opposite and turning/twisting (in either direction) it just makes it get past those tabs more easily. You might be able to grip it and force it forward and backward to pop it right out or in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans