09 Tahoe XFE Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get about 20 mpg hwy (19.5) if I run the A/C and about 18.5 mpg in town so I like it. Had to have the engine replaced at 115,000 mi and I've got the standard dash board cracks but all in all I like it. It just sits rear low because someone put some Rancho shocks on it that I don't think are correct.

The RPO shows 6CS and 7CN I have a GU4 and a G80 but no G69.

The dealership gave me GM part number 20833776 which is discontinued, they said their system showed 19158785 as a suitable replacement but when I tried to order them the GM website wouldn't let me because it said they weren't compatible.

Thanks!! That matches what the dealership gave me.

Ordered from Summit they won't be in till the end of March but at least they're ordered.

Anytime! Did you once fly F-4s?

Been thinking about an XFE for my wife to replace our aging minivan. She's only onboard if it sits lower than mine and gets better fuel economy which I believed and have now confirmed, thanks!

Ranchos are certainly not correct! Check the spring part numbers too, make sure they didn't throw parts at it, causing it to sag. They were designed to sit lower though than a regular Tahoe, more like the PPVs and SSVs.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime! Did you once fly F-4s?

Been thinking about an XFE for my wife to replace our aging minivan. She's only onboard if it sits lower than mine and gets better fuel economy which I believed and have now confirmed, thanks!

Ranchos are certainly not correct! Check the spring part numbers too, make sure they didn't throw parts at it, causing it to sag. They were designed to sit lower though than a regular Tahoe, more like the PPVs and SSVs.

Yes the ride height is much lower= lower center of gravity= better control

you can see the ride height compared to a suburban ...

it has like a 3" drop

I get about 20 mpg hwy (19.5) if I run the A/C and about 18.5 mpg in town so I like it. Had to have the engine replaced at 115,000 mi and I've got the standard dash board cracks but all in all I like it. It just sits rear low because someone put some Rancho shocks on it that I don't think are correct.

The RPO shows 6CS and 7CN I have a GU4 and a G80 but no G69.

The dealership gave me GM part number 20833776 which is discontinued, they said their system showed 19158785 as a suitable replacement but when I tried to order them the GM website wouldn't let me because it said they weren't compatible.
you should get the larger air dam from a hybrid...

GM part # 15290959 it should improve it even more by 0.5 to 1mpg

with the hybird 19.5 My city /25.7MPG highway but it does have a 6.0L

I think if they would have put the 4.8l it would be even higher maybe looking at 24/30MPG

I had bought a XFE but the title had an issue so i returned it and got my money back I really really liked it too....

20190308_192716.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Yes the ride height is much lower= lower center of gravity= better control

you can see the ride height compared to a suburban ...

it has like a 3" drop

you should get the larger air dam from a hybrid...

GM part # 15290959 it should improve it even more by 0.5 to 1mpg

with the hybird 19.5 My city /25.7MPG highway but it does have a 6.0L

I think if they would have put the 4.8l it would be even higher maybe looking at 24/30MPG

I had bought a XFE but the title had an issue so i returned it and got my money back I really really liked it too....

View attachment 218533

That Burb on the left looks like it has a leveling kit installed on the front end.

It definitely looks higher than a stock 2wd.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an old 09 Yukon XFE, I understand they’re an inch lowered and have a different rear end. I just got new struts installed in the front and it feels like it’s jacked up. I bet they grabbed a regular 1500 front strut and not even knowing or thinking that it might be different. I assume the Tahoe PPV struts are the right one to use for this truck because of they are also lowered factory. Can anyone confirm this? I gotta have my evidence when I go back up there. From what it sounds like here, I’m correct.