09 Escalade Rear Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iras1976

Reaction score
I think I definitely am leaning towards switching the rear to a standard suspension. I don't know enough at all about air ride to feel confident in tracking down and fixing any future problems. I mostly only tow a 12' utility trailer with a UTV several times a year. I hope that would be alright with a standard (heavier duty) suspension. A little lift or leveling kit would be nice, although right now as is (rear sagging) the front already sits noticeably higher than the rear.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
Mikeyss is right about the resistors , sorry about not mentioning that .

If you use the Bilstein shocks all around with oem springs itll give you a perfectly leveled stance by getting rid of the natural rake that these trucks have with the 1.6 front height increase. Rancho 7000mt is also a good option like the bilstein 5100 except with a 2" front ride height increase. If you go with the rancho , you may wanna change those rear springs to the bilstein B3 or the Moog 81069 to get a extra 1" going on in the rear . I recommended the rancho and bilstein because the build quality is superior to oem and can be found for the same price or less . I have a combo of both on my truck .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I don't have factory rear shocks any longer since I have a 4/6 drop on my Burb... but I did find shorter rear air shocks to be able to maintain the auto leveling feature.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I'm looking at the bilstein 5100 for the rears and Tahoe AC Delco heavy duty springs. The front has already previously been converted. I will still need to find the resistors I'll need for the back. Will this set up for the rear net a raise?

I'm looking at getting a heavy metal brand lift kit and im trying to guess at what set up might be best. Looking at 3" front/2" rear. Wasn't sure if maybe that would be too much.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2