09-10 escalade esv vs. 2015 base yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bleachcola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
been looking for 07-10 escalades esv for a while, around 100k miles, most are 20-25 grand. cheaper ones are falling apart and more expensive ones are lower mileage. we love all the options, and styling, and I would just put on a escalade platinum front grill and bumper.

on the other hand, we drove a few 2015 base model yukon xl and being in a new model is fanatasic, but there is no options, only 4x4. most don't even have a power liftgate.

there is a 2015 xl yukon base 4x4 with 35k miles at a local cadillac dealer for 37 grand, no wind buffeting issues.

the vehicle is for the wife, who only drives a few thousand miles a yr, mileage doesn't matter to us, if
a 2015 yukon existed with 100k miles I wouldn't mind.

what is the overall better buy? mainly down the road, in 5-6 years, the escalade will be very old and worn, while the 2015 yukon will still have some value left, having not put much miles on it.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you aren't scared of higher mileage, I would try to find a higher mileage Escalade with lots of service history. The mileage will scare off a lot of less-educated buyers (which is most people buying a car) and should allow you to find a great deal.

I am a firm believer in maintenance > mileage. If you find an Escalade with service receipts that feels solid and well maintained, it will very likely provide you years of luxurious, hassle-free driving, even if it's north of 100,000 miles already.

OP
OP
B

bleachcola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the honest input

on the escalades its hard to find private sellers, most are crappy corner lot dealers that pick them up from auctions

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're both GM vehicles, so neither one is gonna "hold their value" all that well. I've never purchased a car thinking about how much I can sell it for down the road, but maybe that's just me.

Personally, I've owned base vehicles before and they SUUUUUUCKKKK. Big time. I would get the newest, lowest mileage Escalade I could find.

Or is there any reason you aren't looking at Suburban LTZs or Denali XLs? You should be able to snag a newer, lower mileage LTZ for WAY less than a comparable Escalade. And they've got 90% of the luxury and features the Escalades have.

OP
OP
B

bleachcola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi
just looking for the largest suv, xl, you are right about base vehicles suck... we always had fully loaded jeeps.

I am looking at a few base 4x4 yukon xl 2015, for 37-40 grand,
cant justify spending 20 more grand for options at this point.

now 2015 suburbans with some options (leather , sunroof) can be had for around 45k, but I dont like the styling, we love the yukon design.

biggest issue is just not enough selection on 2015 yukon xl 4x4s, locally only about 4-6 are for sale, and I check nationwide every week, but don't want to ship one without a test drive, for the wind buffeting issue etc

thats true about resale value, its not really a big deal

hamd1719

Reaction score
Old escalade is a better option, usually late year like '11-'14 . I own a Yukon SLT 2015 and it has small pesky problems ( check the forum for small problems ) which bother me because I also have BMW 740 2006 which is 10 years old and I have never got a single problem.

Right before Yukon I had 2013 Tahoe LTZ which never gave me problem in the two years I owned it. No rattles or anything in interior. All my cars were brand new and were always maintened at the dealer. I someone regret selling my Tahoe when the Yukon is at the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts