08 yukon zw7 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

needhelp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Yukon SLT ZW7 RPO code with ~258K miles (90% sure all original suspension)

So I have tried to do a lot of research and checking around to make sure I have the right parts but just want some confirmation from people who have done it/have more knowledge than me about these SUVs. I am not trying to do direct factory replacements but just replace with quality stuff.

Rockauto doesnt seem to have the Bilstein 5100 series struts for the front end, anyone have a reputable place to get them online or a local autozone etc?

I am new to domestic vehicles so if I chose a line from a brand that isn't quality or if I forgot anything or don't need some of the stuff, let me know. Also any tips/tricks to make to make it easier would be great. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.20.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.20.04 PM.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.19.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.19.55 PM.png
    456.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.19.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.19.38 PM.png
    508.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.19.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.19.28 PM.png
    774.6 KB · Views: 8

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Yukon SLT ZW7 RPO code with ~258K miles (90% sure all original suspension)

So I have tried to do a lot of research and checking around to make sure I have the right parts but just want some confirmation from people who have done it/have more knowledge than me about these SUVs. I am not trying to do direct factory replacements but just replace with quality stuff.

Rockauto doesnt seem to have the Bilstein 5100 series struts for the front end, anyone have a reputable place to get them online or a local autozone etc?

I am new to domestic vehicles so if I chose a line from a brand that isn't quality or if I forgot anything or don't need some of the stuff, let me know. Also any tips/tricks to make to make it easier would be great. Thanks in advance!
Looks right. We just did all this too. Used all GM OE parts or ACDelco Professional when the former were not available, there is a difference in quality if there is a different part number for each. Replaced everything on the front struts but the mounts, they appeared to be in great shape still. Used the cheapo spring compressor which had to be modified and was scary to use, next time I'll but the clamshell type in the right size, probably cost a few hundred but we'll make good use of it.

Not so sure about the quality of those inner tie rod boots. OE ones are $32 each! Will be beefing the inner tie rods up with Rough Country tie rod sleeves as we play in the woods and mud once in a while.

Oh, it is SOP to replace the upper and lower ball joint nuts and the tie rod nuts and the strut nuts and if yours is a 4x4, the spindle nuts too. Torque to spec.

I used all new bolts and cams for the upper control arms and was lucky, the original plastics inserts for the alignment were still intact so I just moved them over. Bought new lower control arms bolts and nuts but re-used the originals, they looked just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec