08 Tahoe LTZ radio and electronics goin nuts while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_from_cincy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I did a couple searches to try not to double post, sorry if this topic has been covered before... Been having a weird issue. I'll be driving and suddenly the radio shuts off and doors lock and unlock, and the truck seems to "shut down" then immediately come back online. think like when your house electric flashes on and off during a storm. then it'll be fine and won't do it again for a couple days. really unsettling when it happens though. ALso not sure if it's related or not but that back-up cam had been working intermittently too. where it'll have the disclaimer on the screen but no image again it'll just fix itself and be fine the next day like nothing ever happened. really frustrating. don't wanna take it to the stealership just to spend a bunch of money have them tell me they can't find anything when it's not actively failing

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First task is to check all the grounds in the engine bay, and the grounds under the truck along the frame, particularly under the drivers seat area.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I did a couple searches to try not to double post, sorry if this topic has been covered before... Been having a weird issue. I'll be driving and suddenly the radio shuts off and doors lock and unlock, and the truck seems to "shut down" then immediately come back online. think like when your house electric flashes on and off during a storm. then it'll be fine and won't do it again for a couple days. really unsettling when it happens though. ALso not sure if it's related or not but that back-up cam had been working intermittently too. where it'll have the disclaimer on the screen but no image again it'll just fix itself and be fine the next day like nothing ever happened. really frustrating. don't wanna take it to the stealership just to spend a bunch of money have them tell me they can't find anything when it's not actively failing

Check your battery terminal connections and then the grounds. This is usually the sign of a bad battery and worst case, a failing BCM.

Similar things were happening to me a few months ago and it turned out that I did not tighten the battery cables, the little 10mm nuts, tight enough!