08 PPV 2WD CHASSIS VIBRATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
New to me PPV with 165k...runs great other than a vibration noticeable at speeds above 70...not so much in steering wheel, heard a little clunk with gear engagement so I had ujoints replaced but vibration remains.

Tires maybe? Tracks on the road pretty straight and tires don't make a lot of noise...had them balenced as well just a couple weeks ago.

Anybody else experience this in their PPV?

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
Going to do that anyway...just doesn't feel like a wheel issue. I know there is a pinion whine I want to fix shortly, just wondered if it could be something common I missed.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheel weights will be easiest start point (find place to do road force balance)
then look into high speed balance driveshaft

if you have pinion whine, there could be something w/ that too.

is it stock height? lowered?

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
Going to do wheel balance this week.

Not sure who to even ask for balancing of driveshaft?...ideas anyone?...

The pinion whine is very minimal.

Its a lowered PPV vehicle with all original parts. Handles great and smooth up to about 70mph..

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
New to me PPV with 165k...runs great other than a vibration noticeable at speeds above 70...not so much in steering wheel, heard a little clunk with gear engagement so I had ujoints replaced but vibration remains.

Tires maybe? Tracks on the road pretty straight and tires don't make a lot of noise...had them balenced as well just a couple weeks ago.

Anybody else experience this in their PPV?
Ever find out where the vibration was coming from? I have an 2011 ppv and there's vibration coming from the rear at slow speeds. Any suggestions?

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever find out where the vibration was coming from? I have an 2011 ppv and there's vibration coming from the rear at slow speeds. Any suggestions?
Your problem might be the AFM/DOD switching from V4 to V8 mode when slowing down. That was my issue. Disabled the AFM/DOD with a DiabloSport Tuner and fixed the issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts