08 Denali cup holder removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickbossi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been searching for awhile now and I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for. I have a 08 Denali and wanted to see if there was a way to remove the center console cup holders? or do I have to remove the whole center console?

I haven't been able to find a guide on only the cup holder removal so I'm wondering if I even can. Thanks for any input!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grab them and pull up

Just the wood piece will pop up/out

OP
OP
N

nickbossi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it's just some sort of clip that's holding it in? No screws or anything? thanks!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this this weekend. Thought I'd add to this thread for future reference.

There are clips at the sides and rear of the trim piece. (These are metal clips (that are sandwiched onto plastic tabs) that then insert into openings in the console trim.) At the dash-end of the trim piece are two forward-facing tabs (as opposed to the other downward-facing clips) that slide into openings just below the dash...

To remove the trim piece, I opened both lids, grabbed down into both cup/change wells, and pulled upward. The trim piece will bow up in the middle, probably releasing the side clips first. From there, you can get your fingers under the side and pull upward toward the rear to free up the rear clips. Once the clips are released, you'll lift the piece up and back.

I think it's important to know that those forward-facing tabs are there, and that prying up on the front of the trim isn't something you'll want to do. You want to free up the middle and back, and then the front tabs slide out rearward.

Hope this helps.

derfman00

Reaction score
Happy I found this and that it's so easy! This will be my first modification to our Yukon Denali! My wife's a teacher and she needs her bin!

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do with the other cup holders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
What did you do with the other cup holders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I did this swap last year and just put the original piece in the box this one came in and put it on the shelf in the garage

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts