08 Bose Radio Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

UpAndDown

Reaction score
Thanks again guys. The overlays sound like a good low cost solution. As far as using the OnStar mic, that sounds like a stealth solution. Is the OnStar mic good quality? Where did you see the adapter for it? Thank you

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new here and new to this platform, although I’ve owned a TrailBlazer for the past 16 years so I am familiar with GM products. I am looking at buying a used 08 Tahoe LT 4WD with the 5.3 flex fuel engine and about 125k on the clock. It has the Bose system with the regular CD player and no navigation screen. The paint in the buttons are all worn off and I was wondering about an upgrade. If I were to find a Bose head unit from this era with navigation would it be a straight swap? Would it need to be programmed with a Tech2 for any reason? Is there a separate GPS antenna that would need to be installed somewhere? What about the possibility of a backup camera? Does anyone sell a kit like this? Thanks for the help. All replies are appreciated.
Bose = Buy other sound equipment radios are typically VIN locked unless you have the unlock code

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlock Code? Someone is a bit mis-informed, but not far off the mark.

They are locked VIA Tech2/Autel/Snap-on.

I prefer the BOSE over aftermarket. Plug and play.. At least for me :)

OP
OP
U

UpAndDown

Reaction score
TollKeeper great info once again. If the quality is as good or better than the included mic on these Bluetooth kits then this adapter is a great alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons