07Burb's 1990 Square Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few things have been done over the last few weeks but nothing visible without crawling underneath. One of the big projects I wanted to complete this winter was to undercoat the bottom of it with POR15 in order to keep the rust away and protect all the things underneath her since she's been kept so clean for so long. While under there, I replaced the 20+ yr old bags, new shocks and a new black widow muffler for some added rumble. Went with a Black Widow Venom 250 which isn't loud but does provide a good tone at idle and cruising speed.

Anyhoot, on to the pics. Then on to the next things on the list...

Pic right after getting the old bag out on the driver side. Passenger side looked pretty similar.
BagOut.jpeg

Undercoat complete and ready to start installing new bags.
BagOutUndercoated.jpeg

New bags in.

Driver side. Taken when I was still giving it some fine tweaking for position before I locked it down.
NewBagInDriver.jpeg

Passenger side installed.
NewBagIn.jpeg

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good with try bags and POR 15. Bet that rumble sounds good.
Very happy with the results of this project for sure. That muffler is the same one that is in your '13 burb so the sound is familiar. Not loud sound but enough rumble for the ears to enjoy it :D

The old bags were holding up but as you'd imagine being over 20 years old (I think they were installed in 2001) it was just a matter of time before their time expired and I'd prefer to pre-emptive in their replacement so this was the perfect time LOL This project was rather time consuming. Luckily the wife was understanding and let me take up "her" parking space in the garage to get this thing up on jack stands for a while and just pick at it as time allowed which was good for someone who never gets large chunks of time but can get an hour here and there :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very happy with the results of this project for sure. That muffler is the same one that is in your '13 burb so the sound is familiar. Not loud sound but enough rumble for the ears to enjoy it :D

The old bags were holding up but as you'd imagine being over 20 years old (I think they were installed in 2001) it was just a matter of time before their time expired and I'd prefer to pre-emptive in their replacement so this was the perfect time LOL This project was rather time consuming. Luckily the wife was understanding and let me take up "her" parking space in the garage to get this thing up on jack stands for a while and just pick at it as time allowed which was good for someone who never gets large chunks of time but can get an hour here and there :)
Yes I know the rumble all too well. And in a good manner. I think the wife likes it too, even if I have to listen to her on Bluetooth as she runs through the gears around town with it warbling in the background lol

Good to have it out of service and available at will to work on. Nice. Getting ready for summer cruising for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts