07Burb's 1990 Square Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked her up today. Drive her five hours home from Waterloo, Iowa to south of KC. Overall did well. Discovered a leaky radiator up in Des Moines. We did the right thing and closed the hood, pretended we didn’t see that and bombed our way home :happy175: she did good! I now have a aluminum radiator, hose and tstat ordered to fix the issue.

Here are the details I know.

1990 Suburban R1500 350/700r4
112k on the clock
I’m the fourth owner
Rust free other than SUPER minor spots along the edge of the rockers and the driver front inner fender well has a hole in it and some scale on the frame from midwest winters. Nothing major.
Wheels are 20x8.5 Riddler on Falken rubber (245/45 front, 275/40 rear)

For those that aren't familiar with these this rig has rear heat and no roof rack from the factory. Both are very unusual for the time which adds to the cool factor a little bit more. :)

Plans (for the moment)
Fix/replace speedometer
Fresh set of headlights, parking lamps and tails
POR15 underside
Scoping out some winter wheels/tires
Tint
Replace body mounts
Replace helper bags

SideShot2.jpgInterior.jpgInterior2.jpgInterior3.jpgBurb3.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote white steelies for the winter rims like you have on your old '77. And that's what I had on my mirrored red Burby. :(

How are the inner rear wheel wells looking at the seams over the tires??

:yuno::yuno::yuno:

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote white steelies for the winter rims like you have on your old '77. And that's what I had on my mirrored red Burby. :(

How are the inner rear wheel wells looking at the seams over the tires??

:yuno::yuno::yuno:
Steelies :hmm: for some reason hadn’t even thought about that. I’d tossed around rallies but not steelies. That might be a pretty decent idea

Inner wheel wells are good :waytogo: body mount rubbers should be replaced and underside undercoated with POR15 but otherwise the underside is solid

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered an Aluminum radiator and hoses off Rock Auto. That order should arrive either Wednesday or Thursday
About to order up some new gauges (Dakota Digital HDX) and some replacement helper bags. Hope to have that stuff ordered by the end of the day.

I guess there goes that idea of not needing to tinker with it much :happy175: