07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did a 2/4 drop on my 02 and retained auto level. I just had to cut threaded rods and try several lengths to get it to where it would just barely lift it back up to where I wanted. Then once set, it consistently keeps it at that exact height no matter the load. I was running 26’s for a long time with barely any fender clearance and at one point I did a trip with 7 people in it with a load of gear. Also hauled a heavy trailer a few times. Never scraped a tire. I’m running 22’s now with a bit more clearance and the system still performs perfect.
Perfect. I looked around for a bit and struggled to find a 2" drop spring for the rear. I am not very serious about it. Many other fish to fry.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
…and with the shock extenders you shouldn’t have to do any mods to the autoride system from my understanding

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
…and with the shock extenders you shouldn’t have to do any mods to the autoride system from my understanding

I think the suspension position sensor rods would need to be adjusted.
I re-read my post and see I didn’t specify what the threaded rods were for. It’s the ride height sensors. The shock extenders won’t keep the system from airing the shocks up. The height sensors are mounted between the upper control arms and the frame and not the shocks so when they see the truck sitting low they think you have a heavy load and will attempt to raise the rear right back up to where it normally sits. If you don’t shorten them, you’ll be right back where you started height wise. Some kits come with shortened rods but in my experience it takes some trial and error with different lengths until it airs it up just where you want it. You need to reset the system every time you change the rods out by removing an air line from one shock which lets all the air out of the system, then start the truck and observe how much the system raises the truck. It should just barely raise it, or to where you want it to ride. If it doesn’t raise it at all, the rods need to be a tad longer or else the system isn’t working. It needs to partially support the weight, and if it doesn’t, it won’t be able to lift it up when you add weight. 1/8” difference in the rods equals about 1/4” in ride height iirc.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I re-read my post and see I didn’t specify what the threaded rods were for. It’s the ride height sensors. The shock extenders won’t keep the system from airing the shocks up. The height sensors are mounted between the upper control arms and the frame and not the shocks so when they see the truck sitting low they think you have a heavy load and will attempt to raise the rear right back up to where it normally sits. If you don’t shorten them, you’ll be right back where you started height wise. Some kits come with shortened rods but in my experience it takes some trial and error with different lengths until it airs it up just where you want it. You need to reset the system every time you change the rods out by removing an air line from one shock which lets all the air out of the system, then start the truck and observe how much the system raises the truck. It should just barely raise it, or to where you want it to ride. If it doesn’t raise it at all, the rods need to be a tad longer or else the system isn’t working. It needs to partially support the weight, and if it doesn’t, it won’t be able to lift it up when you add weight. 1/8” difference in the rods equals about 1/4” in ride height iirc.
I imagine these could be set using a tech2 looking at the live data. Just record the before and set the sensors back to the same reading. Then do an ALC trimset cal.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can just get these. Should be an easy mod to do

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine these could be set using a tech2 looking at the live data. Just record the before and set the sensors back to the same reading. Then do an ALC trimset cal.
Possibly but when I did the trim set calibration it screwed everything up. Wish I’d never tried that. It took forever for the height to settle back down.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can just get these. Should be an easy mod to do

Lol. I bought some screws with the same threads as the stock rods from Ace for about 20 cents each and cut the heads off. :D

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Possibly but when I did the trim set calibration it screwed everything up. Wish I’d never tried that. It took forever for the height to settle back down.
Probably because of the way you set the system to slightly raise your truck from static. I have run the trimset twice. It seems to set the zero at wherever the truck sits static with a full tank and then compensates for sag.