07Burb’s 2013 LTZ Burb Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parts for a mild drop purchased. Going with Belltech coilovers for the front and McGaughy springs for the rear. Goal is a 1/2 to 2/2 drop. Should be just about perfect for what I’m going for. I was at 3/5 with my 07 and was super tired of the issues that came with that by the time I sold that rig so don’t want to repeat that again. Good thing with these coilovers is I can adjust ride height up or down so I’m not “married” to a specific set up if I want to change things.

Hoping these arrive next week and I’ll install them soon after that. Shouldn’t take more than a few hours to accomplish.

6F028925-9A39-41D2-BD22-5BEDDCE53B1E.jpeg

0C609C33-B68B-42D7-A19E-38F1523211AD.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parts for a mild drop purchased. Going with Belltech coilovers for the front and McGaughy springs for the rear. Goal is a 1/2 to 2/2 drop. Should be just about perfect for what I’m going for. I was at 3/5 with my 07 and was super tired of the issues that came with that by the time I sold that rig so don’t want to repeat that again. Good thing with these coilovers is I can adjust ride height up or down so I’m not “married” to a specific set up if I want to change things.

Hoping these arrive next week and I’ll install them soon after that. Shouldn’t take more than a few hours to accomplish.

View attachment 359056

View attachment 359055
Looking forward to pics. Don’t forget some before as well as after.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly my parts should arrive by Friday according to tracking. Kinda surprised considering how long it takes most stuff to arrive these days

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like a 1/2 drop on mine but to also retain al the factory suspension systems like the air and auto ride... Dreams...
Yeah that’s another reason I’m staying pretty mild so that I can keep my autoride.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren’t those “dumb” front struts?
Yes. Coilovers. I was talking about the rear auto ride. Do you have some kind of fanciness in the front???

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like a 1/2 drop on mine but to also retain al the factory suspension systems like the air and auto ride... Dreams...
I did a 2/4 drop on my 02 and retained auto level. I just had to cut threaded rods and try several lengths to get it to where it would just barely lift it back up to where I wanted. Then once set, it consistently keeps it at that exact height no matter the load. I was running 26’s for a long time with barely any fender clearance and at one point I did a trip with 7 people in it with a load of gear. Also hauled a heavy trailer a few times. Never scraped a tire. I’m running 22’s now with a bit more clearance and the system still performs perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew