07burb’s 1991 GMC R3500 Crew Cab Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inner/outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves and idler arm today. Ball joints next weekend

View attachment 231525

Nothing more satisfying then having a pile of empty new parts boxes and a pile of old stuff. Means a job is done and all that is left is to clean up and enjoy a cold beverage.

Just read through this whole thread. I would love to take on a project like this on a truck like that. Reminds me of the trucks my uncle had on his farm here in Iowa. Everyone of them seemed to have a dent in the side where a pissy steer thumped it. Was with my uncle when it happened once. Scared the crap out of me and all he said was that the frisky ones make better steaks.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing more satisfying then having a pile of empty new parts boxes and a pile of old stuff. Means a job is done and all that is left is to clean up and enjoy a cold beverage.

Just read through this whole thread. I would love to take on a project like this on a truck like that. Reminds me of the trucks my uncle had on his farm here in Iowa. Everyone of them seemed to have a dent in the side where a pissy steer thumped it. Was with my uncle when it happened once. Scared the crap out of me and all he said was that the frisky ones make better steaks.
Lol funny story!!! :)

And I agree, it is very satisfying! I definitely had a nice, relaxing evening after that job. It’s a lot of work but this truck is definitely worth it. Mechanically speaking she’s ALMOST up to ***** and up to my standards. Before winter I hope to have her 100% so that I can focus solely on getting her ready for paint this winter so that I can paint her next spring or summer

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol funny story!!! :)

And I agree, it is very satisfying! I definitely had a nice, relaxing evening after that job. It’s a lot of work but this truck is definitely worth it. Mechanically speaking she’s ALMOST up to ***** and up to my standards. Before winter I hope to have her 100% so that I can focus solely on getting her ready for paint this winter so that I can paint her next spring or summer

I will definitely be looking for updates.

One thing; I think it’s a law some places that trucks like that have to have at least one George Strait or Hank Williams Jr tape in the glove box!

My uncle always had a bottle of blackberry or peach brandy in his as well. Just in case it got cold out.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upper BJs yesterday. I guess I’ll do lowers next weekend. It’s the last thing left to do in refreshing the steering and suspension of the big girl. I HATE doing ball joints :(

4785941E-9D1B-42F6-A62D-6F4D16D905C1.jpeg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My son was digging through some old pics and came across a pic of my grandfathers old dually. Figured I would post a pic of it in here...
rps20191019_011159_984.jpg

Not the best picture of it... I have better ones floating around somewhere... but you get the idea.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son was digging through some old pics and came across a pic of my grandfathers old dually. Figured I would post a pic of it in here...
View attachment 232820

Not the best picture of it... I have better ones floating around somewhere... but you get the idea.
Cool :) did he buy it new?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 232820

Gramps was cool. What did he do for that windshield shade?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Cool :) did he buy it new?

No... it was about 10 yrs old when he bought it if I remember correctly.

Gramps was cool. What did he do for that windshield shade?

That was actually my doing and it was white reflective... looked cool as can be at night when headlights would hit it... lol

We had it painted white with a gold pearl and silver microflake... looked like a million crushed up diamonds in the bright sun light. Also shaved the 3+3 emblem and wrap around trim that went around the back of the cab... also shaved the "drip rails" above the doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu