07burb’s 1991 GMC R3500 Crew Cab Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you repaint the burgundy? How'd you refresh cosmetically? Looks awesome!
Yes. Used the burgundy offered by LMC truck. I normally use SEM products for interior but figured I'd give Color Bond a try and it worked pretty well for all four door panels.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes. Used the burgundy offered by LMC truck. I normally use SEM products for interior but figured I'd give Color Bond a try and it worked pretty well for all four door panels.
From the pics it looks great. Did you need to use adhesion promoter? Also--how were your panels before the respray? I'm an interior guy, so--you know....lol

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the pics it looks great. Did you need to use adhesion promoter? Also--how were your panels before the respray? I'm an interior guy, so--you know....lol
Yes. I used surface cleaner and cleaned it up really well. Applied adhesion promoter and then applied about 3 coats of the color. Prior to the refresh the panels were a very faded and sun beaten maroon. I didn't take a before pic unfortunately. :)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes. I used surface cleaner and cleaned it up really well. Applied adhesion promoter and then applied about 3 coats of the color. Prior to the refresh the panels were a very faded and sun beaten maroon. I didn't take a before pic unfortunately. :)
I've see panels like those so sun beaten that they actually flake. I'm assuming yours weren't that bad?

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've see panels like those so sun beaten that they actually flake. I'm assuming yours weren't that bad?
No, they weren't that bad. The last pic is actually a brand new OEM panel that I applied the paint to (started out blue). The original panel there was actually cracked on the top portion so it was pretty bad originally so I just replaced it and got lucky to have a brand new OEM panel. The other three panels were not nearly that bad. Just faded pretty good but no flaking.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No, they weren't that bad. The last pic is actually a brand new OEM panel that I applied the paint to (started out blue). The original panel there was actually cracked on the top portion so it was pretty bad originally so I just replaced it and got lucky to have a brand new OEM panel. The other three panels were not nearly that bad. Just faded pretty good but no flaking.
Nice work :waytogo:

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. What’s the next thing?
I'm redoing the headliner this week/weekend weather and time permitting. Once that is complete she's getting window tint. Then I'm moving on to body work. My goal is have her in fresh paint by next Spring. Once the headliner is complete the only thing left of the interior that will need attention is new carpet which I'll probably hit this fall or winter. I may do some audio while the carpet is out, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287