07 Yukon .. vibration during light acceleration..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonh36898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have searched and searched for this answer.I have 07 Yukon 2wd.. between 45-50- start getting vibration only!! During light acceleration!! If I romp in it nothing!! Smooth...if I just go easy on throttle it will do it on and off all the way through like 65 mph... I'm going crazy.Just had all new tires put on and balanced.Still same.I don't get it!! I really don't.. my stabilitrak.and service suspension lights on cause I need to do conversion on stock suspension..but I just don't see that causing this.Ive been turning wrenches my who life!! Never felt this exact vibration before!! Please someone throw me a bone!!!

Oh btw..I have the 5.3 with the I guess it's fw? Where it goes from v4 in town to v8 on hwy

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any sound? How many miles? What are the codes? There may be a new code stored

OP
OP
B

Brandonh36898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok checked it is in 8cyl mode when it does it.When I first left this morning didn't seem to be as bad...seemed the more I drove it progressively got worse till it just gets to a certain point and it stays like that.Only up over speeds of 45,50 mph when I lightly accelerate to maintain a speed.Didnt seem to do it as bad with cruise on but again that was when I first started driving this morning... because cruise control works when it wants... I am starting to get pissed at this thing.I stomped it up to 90 mph smooth as butter. Just when trying to maintain.I was fairly confident last night I needed to order a range afm disabler...but now don't think that's it either.only time it really drops into 4cyl mode is when cruising and I let off the gas. I'm aggravated!!!

OP
OP
B

Brandonh36898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No sound! Has 213,000 miles has new heads etc,new tranny... Also hard to get to right speed but in 3rd I start to get vibration when I try in manual...I know it needs shocks because I got all those stabilitrak lights and service suspension!! And I've looked the shocks are all original!! So I plan to do upgrade...but I don't believe it's the shocks.i do get a tad of the vibration in the steering wheel,just not a ton.

OP
OP
B

Brandonh36898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh and check engine light don't come on when I reset it!! Till this dumb abs light comes on. Lol I know I got to take care of these lughts...just can't see abs having anything to do with vibration...feels like it's in the front somewhere!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inspect the mount for the rack and pinion (bushings) and the bolt for the steering arm. A bad engine/transmission mount or two or three can cause this also.

As for your cruise control working when it wants to, have you replaced the brake switch under the dash?

Since you turn wrenches, the most important "wrench" is missing from your tool box, the Tech-2.

OP
OP
B

Brandonh36898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will inspect that today!!. Yes I replaced brake switch ..still same crap!!

OP
OP
B

Brandonh36898

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No wasn't ACDelco ..
But I think from what I've read..with the stabilitrak lights on..the cruise won't work? I don't know.. I'm ready to burn this thing.. lol I'll have to call some buddy's about the tech-2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11