07 Tahoe - Stabilitrack/Traction Control/Brake Light AND ABS lights all on intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LONG OVERDUE UPDATE - I have been driving the Tahoe for months now and the problem is exactly the same. If I park it for a few days, the lights go off. Within the first couple of miles, or maybe not for a day or more, ALL 4 warning lights come on simultaneously (stabilitrack, traction control, brake, ABS). If one comes on, they all come on. Here is the weird part. I took it to a mechanic yesterday and he scanned it with his high-end scanner......no codes. Warning lights flashing, but the scanner says there are no fault codes in the system. I am very close to just selling it as-is. It runs and drives perfectly. Does anyone have any last ditch solutions I could try?
Last ditch? I mean, you almost certainly have an intermittent faulty sensor (like has been mentioned, a wheel speed sensor can cause what you are seeing), it isn't the end of the world.

You might take a look at the Tech 2 Owners sticky and see if one of us that own a Tech 2 is close to you. As @Fless posted, if you have lights, you have codes. You just haven't found someone with a scanner who can read those codes.

Sometimes you get an intermittent fault in one of the sensors and it takes a while to isolate it. Just because you have a lot of lights on doesn't mean you have a lot of things wrong with the truck. I remember a thread a while back where one of the members when he turned left had an intermittent Christmas Tree light show on his dash. I think that one was water intrusion in one of the control modules. The water would slosh over to a critical area of the circuits when he turned left. I think that took a while to figure out.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you have the brake light, there are a couple of other things to look at. Is your brake reservoir low on fluid? This can happen when brakes get worn and the fluid level drops because the pad travel is extended. Another thing you might have an intermittent issue with your brake fluid level sensor. Also, vacuum assist leaks can throw lots of codes. It would help a great deal if you know what all those codes your friend was looking at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC