07 Tahoe rev bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon fellas. Needing some insight on this subject. if i stand on the gas in park it just holds at 4k no ping or bounce. Does anyone know how to get that rev limiter bounce out of the tahoe. I know people with same year silverados, that bounce off limiter no problem at 5.5k. Someone let me know if you know why this is. Thanks. It is street tuned, and the the guy who did the tune can't figure it out either.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most cars, not just GM, have some kind of limiter on the engine while in neutral or park. Any tuner worth his salt should know that. My Ford Taurus has a 4k limiter in park/neutral.

So, first, I'd find another tuner.

And I'll echo the sentiment - what possible reason would you have for wanting to Rev that high in park?

OP
OP
Joshua Smith

Joshua Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should have worded that differently. My reasoning for the question is that when I've got it pegged, while driving, it will hit 6k and sort of pauses, and then shifts. Won't bounce like others that i;ve heard. Like it stalls out at 6k and i have to let off the throttle for it to catch the next gear. I don't want to just bounce it off just for the hell of it.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have worded that differently. My reasoning for the question is that when I've got it pegged, while driving, it will hit 6k and sort of pauses, and then shifts. Won't bounce like others that i;ve heard. Like it stalls out at 6k and i have to let off the throttle for it to catch the next gear. I don't want to just bounce it off just for the hell of it.

Then I guess my first question is, what do you mean by bounce?
And the pause - again, any tuner worth his salt should know about torque management, and how to adjust it via tuning the ECM/PCM. GMT900 trucks have pretty heavy-handed torque management - GM did it both for smoothness, but also for component longevity. The downside is slow/sloppy shifting and poor throttle response.

I had Blackbear reduce torque management on my Suburban by about 50%. Even though it's giving 1000 lbs and 50 hp to my Denali, the Denali simply cannot run away from the Burb. And, of course, since I had the speed governor removed as part of the Suburban tune, the Burb will blast past the Denali on its way to 120+ while the Denali stalls at 99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons