07 Tahoe LTZ Sunroof issue -- suddenly stopped working, how to test/bypass switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Anyone know how to do this for an 07?

Hoping to eliminate some variables on this diagnosis, anyone which wires to test or jumper to open and close?

Found something for the prev. body style but nothing for these, and the connectors look different and I believe go through the BCM?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to do this for an 07?

Hoping to eliminate some variables on this diagnosis, anyone which wires to test or jumper to open and close?

Found something for the prev. body style but nothing for these, and the connectors look different and I believe go through the BCM?

I can send you the PDF of the factory shop manual section on the sunroof. It has wiring diagrams, pinouts, diagnostic procedures, etc.

OP
OP
Ledesordre

Ledesordre

Reaction score
I can send you the PDF of the factory shop manual section on the sunroof. It has wiring diagrams, pinouts, diagnostic procedures, etc.
Yeah man that would be amazing. Can it be done without a tech2?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me look it over and see if any of the critical diagnostic steps require the Tech 2. Glancing at it earlier, I did see a relearn procedure that probably needs a Tech 2 to trigger it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe from what I have read in the past the most common issue is the plastic track/s break and it binds up.
you can pull the overhead panel down and it's just a forward/reverse switch you can test that with a meter, see if has power, etc.
be careful removing the overhead console it has 2 bolts and 2 clips, I believe once you have the 2 bolts out you will want to carefully pull down from the front area nearest the window, I broke mine before pulling it from the rear.

OP
OP
Ledesordre

Ledesordre

Reaction score
I believe from what I have read in the past the most common issue is the plastic track/s break and it binds up.
you can pull the overhead panel down and it's just a forward/reverse switch you can test that with a meter, see if has power, etc.
be careful removing the overhead console it has 2 bolts and 2 clips, I believe once you have the 2 bolts out you will want to carefully pull down from the front area nearest the window, I broke mine before pulling it from the rear.
I’ve already pulled it down and got the switch out. Just not sure which wires to connect or apply power or ground to, to see if I can activate the motor

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only thing I see that refers to the Tech 2 is using the Scan tool for General Vehicle Diagnostics (DTC's etc.).

There are clear instructions on testing voltages with pinouts, etc. The learn procedure I saw doesn't need the Tech 2.

PM me your email address and I will ship you the PDF. If you need other more general electrical stuff, I can send that along if you run into a brick wall with the Sunroof stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442