07 Tahoe LTZ... blown autoride rear shocks..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they would just buy my old ones. I'll send them in for $50 a piece lol. 1 is blown but the other is still good:lol:
They used to buy all GM autoride core shocks but I heard they quit because they had a stockpile. Now if you have some old maybachs laying around they'll give you $500 apiece. Here's what they say now on GM's:
Domestic
Various GM SUVs with Autoride Air Suspension (Non-MagneRide - RPO Z55) - Rear Only $25.00
Various GM SUVs with Autoride Air Suspension (Non-MagneRide - RPO Z55) Fronts $25.00

OP
OP
Mussin

Mussin

Reaction score
Well.... I bought a cheap set from ebay. Just put them in and now I get the following, service traction controll, service stabilitrak, and the abs light is on. I plugged in the fuse for the compressor and it won't turn on? Wtf...

Now what?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.... I bought a cheap set from ebay. Just put them in and now I get the following, service traction controll, service stabilitrak, and the abs light is on. I plugged in the fuse for the compressor and it won't turn on? Wtf...

Now what?
I hate to say it but those are probably junk. You know the old saying, you get what you pay for. Hopefully you can get your money back but that might not work if they can tell you installed them. You asked us and then didn't follow our advice....sorry man hope you get it figured out.
Edit: that might not have been the best advice since you have problems that might not be related to the shocks. Since @Doubeleive chimed in, I remember when I was working on my fronts I disconnected a plug that caused other problems, but mine was the service ride control message.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now what?
you should note that when you are putting on rear shocks that the rear abs harness connector is right there above the top of the rear shock (it sits right above the frame), it is common for it to become disconnected while putting on or removing shocks, check it and plug it back in, that wont solve your pump problem but it will likely resolve the abs issue.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your compressor might come on after a few drive cycles also.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
ARNOTT AS2708 @RockAuto
is the remanufactured oem ones with a lifetime warranty, they run about $150 each and a $50 core each which you get back after they receive the old ones back, they provide a return label you just stick the old ones back in the same box. they do deduct the return label from the refund but it's pretty cheap mine was only $6 for both shocks, my initial cost was $415 then %15 off from the vendor code so it was like $407 after tax and stuff, then I got $94 back for the cores, so it was $311.00, not bad considering the dealer wants more than that for 1 shock with 1yr warranty.[/QUOTE/QUOTE]

X2

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I hate to say it but those are probably junk. You know the old saying, you get what you pay for. Hopefully you can get your money back but that might not work if they can tell you installed them. You asked us and then didn't follow our advice....sorry man hope you get it figured out.
Edit: that might not have been the best advice since you have problems that might not be related to the shocks. Since @Doubeleive chimed in, I remember when I was working on my fronts I disconnected a plug that caused other problems, but mine was the service ride control message.

X2

OP
OP
Mussin

Mussin

Reaction score
Yep.. that's what I get for being cheap.. I'm prly going to have to get the arnotts. Would those errors cause the compressor to not turn on?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.. that's what I get for being cheap.. I'm prly going to have to get the arnotts. Would those errors cause the compressor to not turn on?
I would check that abs connector left & right and be sure the shocks are plugged in properly and take a look at your ride height sensors to be sure they didn't get jacked up or disconnected somehow, if the ride height sensors are not connected or are out of whack the pump may not come on.

OP
OP
Mussin

Mussin

Reaction score
Well got the Tahoe in the air, took both rear tires off. Turns out doubeleive was right, the abs sensor was unhooked. Plugged it in and everything works now with no errors on the dash. So far so good, they pumped up just fine. Truck feels a little more stiff than before. I’ll update this to see how long they hold up. Thanks again.

Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu