07 Tahoe LTZ... blown autoride rear shocks..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mussin

Reaction score
I was under my Tahoe messing with the rear parking sensors and noticed both bags are blown out on my shocks.. I pulled the fuse so the compressor wouldn’t continue to run for long periods of time. I want to keep the air ride because I tow my mustang to the track. Is rock auto my best option? I’m assuming the compressor is still good because it works. Anyone know the part number of the replacement shocks I need for my 07 LTZ?

Jeremy

Big808Daddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was under my Tahoe messing with the rear parking sensors and noticed both bags are blown out on my shocks.. I pulled the fuse so the compressor wouldn’t continue to run for long periods of time. I want to keep the air ride because I tow my mustang to the track. Is rock auto my best option? I’m assuming the compressor is still good because it works. Anyone know the part number of the replacement shocks I need for my 07 LTZ?

Jeremy
Check Amazon as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ARNOTT AS2708 @RockAuto
is the remanufactured oem ones with a lifetime warranty, they run about $150 each and a $50 core each which you get back after they receive the old ones back, they provide a return label you just stick the old ones back in the same box. they do deduct the return label from the refund but it's pretty cheap mine was only $6 for both shocks, my initial cost was $415 then %15 off from the vendor code so it was like $407 after tax and stuff, then I got $94 back for the cores, so it was $311.00, not bad considering the dealer wants more than that for 1 shock with 1yr warranty.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, ive bought a lot of stuff of ebay with relatively few problems, but in this case I expect to keep the vehicle for many years and just wanted the peace of mind knowing I wont have any issue with a warranty years from now, ebay dealers can vanish into the night at a moments notice, but there are some decent deals regardless.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’m seeing a lot of cheap ones on eBay... very tempting...

Depends on if you want functioning auto ride or if you only care about the auto leveling feature.

The full auto ride shocks are pricey but you can get "bypass" air shocks quite a bit cheaper.

The bypass shocks will maintain auto leveling and have a resistor built in which will keep the auto ride lights off on your dash.

You could also order a set of air shocks for the back of a non auto ride Tahoe or Surburban and just install your own resistors (3.9 ohm 25 watt).

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
ARNOTT AS2708 @RockAuto
is the remanufactured oem ones with a lifetime warranty, they run about $150 each and a $50 core each which you get back after they receive the old ones back, they provide a return label you just stick the old ones back in the same box. they do deduct the return label from the refund but it's pretty cheap mine was only $6 for both shocks, my initial cost was $415 then %15 off from the vendor code so it was like $407 after tax and stuff, then I got $94 back for the cores, so it was $311.00, not bad considering the dealer wants more than that for 1 shock with 1yr warranty.
Wonder if they would just buy my old ones. I'll send them in for $50 a piece lol. 1 is blown but the other is still good:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu