07 Tahoe Door Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door sensor that shuts off interior functions when the door opens is going bad.

I assume its located inside the door with the lock system. Anyone have experience with replacement?

Thanks,
Tim

Legitly_Lazy

Reaction score
The door sensor that shuts off interior functions when the door opens is going bad.

I assume its located inside the door with the lock system. Anyone have experience with replacement?

Thanks,
Tim
I have on my 07 yukon it took me 15 mins with taking door pank off the sensor is built in to the door lock actuator the whole actuator has to be replaced

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have on my 07 yukon it took me 15 mins with taking door pank off the sensor is built in to the door lock actuator the whole actuator has to be replaced

Thanks Chris for the info, doesn't sound to bad a job if it only took you 15 minutes. Did you have to get the actuator from GM dealer or GM direct parts?
Thanks Tim

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just be careful putting the new one in. The little plastic lever that the push rod from the door key lock goes into is very thin and can break easily. I learned this the hard way and lost 60 bucks. Having to buy another one. (Not right away though I used the key fob to lock/unlock until I had the funds to buy another one.) I highly suggest having some sil-glyde or petroleum jelly on hand to put on the ends of all the push rods so they slip into the rubber grommets on the actuator much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons